+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Cleaner - A&E

The Cleaner - A&E

A&E Television - The Cleaner

TUESDAYS 10/9C

"The Cleaner," inspired by the true story of a real-life "extreme interventionist," stars Benjamin Bratt as William "The Cleaner" Banks, who, after hitting rock-bottom from his own addictions after the birth of his daughter, strikes a tentative deal with God. Now along with his unconventional team, he helps people get away from their addictions by any means necessary.

Has anyone seen this show?? I've watched the first 2 episodes and I'm really liking it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: The Cleaner A&E

I have it on my dvr and am going to watch it tomorrow. I hope it's good, I like Benjamin Bratt.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I like the show as well. I love me some Bratt and the storylines are good. I had feared the whole talking to God thing would be shoved down our throat but it is subtle and I do like the characters.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was afraid of that too but like he said, he doesn't pray, it's more like a one-sided dialogue but not a monologue lol. I like BB too but that sparse goatee can go.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

It's really interesting and i think I'll keep watching especially since there's nothing else on. At first i thought it was kind of dark, but I'm really enjoying it.

The first episode started a little slow but I really enjoyed the second one. I'll definitely keep watching!

Re: The Cleaner - A&E

Has anyone been following this show? I'm somewhat disappointed they're going down the "being forced to use and now become addicted again" plot so early in the season/show. Otherwise, it's been a solid show. Especially during the summer season.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3170365;
    Has anyone been following this show? I'm somewhat disappointed they're going down the "being forced to use and now become addicted again" plot so early in the season/show. Otherwise, it's been a solid show. Especially during the summer season.
    Yeah I was a little put off by that as well, but I guess it was critical to the theme of the show. Working in the line of work that they are in they have to follow the rules of their leader closely, and you already see that the two younger ones are not always keen on taking direction. It endangers themselves, their cohorts, and the client in an already all too dangerous business. Even the scene where Bratt comes thisclose to using when his son is missing shows that the temptation is always there, the access is always there, but the will is all they have. The show started really slow, but it's picking up nicely, and we got a little more backstory this week regarding his first job and the fallout when you make a wrong call.

I was so excited for this show as I love Benjamin Bratt but I barely made it through the first episode, I thought the acting was horrible (not Benjamin, but the rest) and way too corny for me. Very disappointing.

+ Reply to Thread