+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 133 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Premium Member

Desperate Housewives

I just came across this article. It seems that the 5-year jump they showed in the previews will be permanent.

Link

Today's News: Our Take - Fall TV Press Tour: Desperate Housewives Scoop!
    By TV Guide News
    Sat Jul 19, 11:38 PM PDT

Some tidbits from Marc Cherry and, as he calls them, his "lovely ladies" from the cast of Desperate Housewives, on the new season. " Mickey O'Connor

Eva Longoria Parker is excited to play something other than glamorous. "I spend 10 minutes in makeup now instead of an hour," she says.

Teri Hatcher describes Old Susan as being like: "Please love me." New Susan, she says, is more closed off to love and no longer needy about it. Series creator Cherry says that Hatcher's instincts about Susan five years later are good. "Susan's first scene in the season premiere is based on something Teri pitched to the writers," he reports.

Cherry reconfirmed that Neal McDonough would be moving to Wisteria Lane " with revenge on his mind. "And I'll say no more," he teased.

"Edie is like a bad boomerang; she just keeps coming back," joked Cherry about Nicollette Sheridan's five-year absence from the neighborhood. "I was sad to see my son go because it's interesting to show some of Edie's humanity," says Sheridan. "There's a lot more to her than we've seen. She's a lot more conscientious about things [this season], without losing her comedic edge."

Executive producer Bob Daily made it clear that the five-year jump was basically permanent: "We might have a few flashbacks here and there, but the show is definitively five years in the future now."

Cherry repeated his desire for Desperate Housewives to be a seven-season show. "Or," he teased, "that could be a ruthless ploy on my part to get obscene amounts of money for Season 8."

All you James Denton fans out there? Cherry only said that we'd find out why Mike Delfino is no longer Susan's main squeeze, stopping short of confirming Denton's return to the show.

There will not be a musical episode of Desperate Housewives. Cherry says it has already been done by too many other series. "I'd rather do something more off the beaten path," he says.

Re: Desparate Housewives (Season 5)

Awww, I would enjoy a musical episode! It doesn't work for every show but I bet they could make a really funny one.

I'm not comfortable with the 5-year jump, but I can understand it. How much can they heap on the same characters, weeks after week, and still have them living next to each other in this supposedly 'serene' neghborhood? You can only have Orson get caught doing so many bad things before it becomes silly that anyone still talks to him. The time jump will help 'reset' things so that new drama won't keep seeming like such a weekly pile-up.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

At first I wasn't on board with the 5 year jump but I'm willing to see how it plays out. But I'm really bummed out about Susan being married to someone else so I hope there's a good reason she's no longer with Mike.

FORT Fanatic

Oh, I hope they don't spend much time on Lynnette's law-breaking kids. That gets old very fast.

FORT Fanatic

I'm not sure what I make of the jump, but we'll have to see. We're a bit behind where I am but does anyone know when series 5 starts?

September 28th, I believe.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm not to excited about the five year jump either. I'll see how it goes. Its just that we've watched this rollar coaster ride that is Mike and Susan only for him to disappear just as it seems they've got their chit together. But I am really happy that Edie will still be on the show.

FORT Newbie

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

5 years later !
    whether is a good change or a bad change

FORT Fogey

The jump 5 years could be just the shot in the arm this show needs. It has never recovered fully from Cherry's huge mistake of leaving no cliff hangers or enough story to carry the second season. This is an opportunity to create new, fresh plot lines for all of them.

The problem I have, so far, is Gabriel and how she is being portrayed. Letting her looks go and having overweight twins? No way. I know this is a satire but perhaps this is just too far out of the park.

I have to assume that Carlos will regain his eyesight, take one look at his family and want to head for the hills. We will see Gabby in a new position of begging him to stay and fighting for his love.

OK, so far the episode is hit-or-miss (Scavo stuff OK, Bree/Katherine stuff silly, Gaby stuff weird, Edie stuff the obvious new "mystery" of the season)...

...but Gale Harold singing "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" was just plain HOT.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread