+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 133 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5/6)

Last night's Halloween themed show was good! I really liked Susan's Glinda costume--she looked great in it. Loved seeing REnee scaring all the kids on the street, and Bree Lynette and Gabby running around the woods Halloween night only to find the body gone!

I work in the environmental field. The whole discussion about rare species and impact review was stupid. Doesn't even remotely work like that. Although I have seen a couple situations where rare species were probably planted on a proposed development site, the point is they are RARE species, and no chance Bree and Gaby would have found any. And not walking up to them in the middle of the day like that. I did enjoy Bree's field clothes, LOL.
    Ellen likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I work in the environmental field. The whole discussion about rare species and impact review was stupid. Doesn't even remotely work like that. Although I have seen a couple situations where rare species were probably planted on a proposed development site, the point is they are RARE species, and no chance Bree and Gaby would have found any. And not walking up to them in the middle of the day like that. I did enjoy Bree's field clothes, LOL.
    don't dwell too much. it is a satire show

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    don't dwell too much. it is a satire show
    Oh, sure, that's fine when it's not your area of expertise, LOL. (Just thought they could have done a much more believable job of dragging Gaby through a swamp with her best clothes on.)

FORT Fogey

Interesting conversation between Lynette and Tom's girlfriend. I liked that scene ... both were honest, both likeable, both assertive, and Lynette had the opportunity to learn something important about herself. Actually, the GF does seem like a better match for Tom than Lynette is, and I think it would be interesting if the two DON'T get back together at the end of this. I don't see Lynette being able to change who she is. I hope they don't do something like have Tom realize he and the GF are too much alike so the relationship is boring, and back he comes.

As a HUGE fan of the under-rated and short-lived "The Pretender," I was thrilled to see Andrea Parker on the same show as her TV brother James Denton. (Yeah, like anyone knows what I'm talking about...) Does this mean that we might see Michael Weiss? I wish...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

P.S. Tom and Lynnette are totally incompatible. Both have big egos, but only Lynnette has the talent and intelligence to go with the ego. Tom is a mental midget and a professional slacker. Really, Lynnette can do better. Tom, yeah, go with sewing-machine girl and let Lynnette realize her potential professionally — and either remain untethered, or finding a man (or woman) worthy of partnering with her.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My first two best guesses as to what happened to the body are 1) Mike moved it to protect Susan 2) Ben or Ben's men found it and they moved it because Ben didn't want anything stopping his development and a dead body would certainly do that. If neither of those pan out then maybe there really is a mystery person who knows what happened (whoever sent Bree that note). Or, maybe the stepfather wasn't really dead and dug his way out. But he wouldn't blackmail Bree, he'd send the note to Gabby instead I would think. And then there's always the chance the dumped detective is behind it all.

As for Tom's new girlfriend, I think she is a better match for him as well (I didn't watch The Pretender but I remember the actress from Less Than Perfect but she was blond at that time). Lynette, IMO, has always been somewhat of a shrew.

This was the first episode in a while where Susan didn't totally annoy me. It was nice to see MJ and that he wasn't sent off to boarding school or something. Not enough of Mike this season. I wonder if that is James Denton's choice.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

I am more interested than I have been in previous seasons. I like the dead man plot line.

What note did Bree receive? I either missed that or my memory is worse than I think. I am going to pretend I missed that episode (I know I didn't).

Someone had to be watching them bury or transport the body to know where it was. The location was deep in the woods. I am ignoring the fact that tree roots would have prevented them from digging a hole of any depth.

So the person who dug up the body could be some creep who hangs out in the woods that we don't know. Or Carlos; this is my best guess. The blackout drinking may be telegraphing that he dug it up in a blackout. There would be no other reason to have even had that scene. He was not told about the construction but he may have decided to do this anyway for some other reason. AND he does not remember what he did with it.

I think the cop that Bree dated is after something else from her past.

Shoepie, in earlier episodes Bree found a note in her mailbox that said "I know what you did and it makes me sick" or something to that effect. It was a duplicate message like the one Mary Alice received that caused her to commit suicide. So far only Gabby knows about the note. She even suspected the detective of being the one putting it there.

Good guess about Carlos and his blackouts. After Mike chastised him for getting Susan and the other women into this mess maybe he did dig the body up during a blackout.

The comment Ben made to Renee though about his men having been over every inch of those woods as to not have a repeat of any endangered species holding things up this time makes me think he may be behind the body disappearing. I just hope the series doesn't end with any of the regulars killing themselves or going to jail.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread