+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 133 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3216549;
    If a child's mother is not Jewish, he is not considered Jewish. Maybe Benjamin will have some type of initiation into the Jewish religion long before he reaches the age of 13. Danyelle just threw that back to Bree in anger. At least she seems to be in a stable marriage.
    In modern times, that depends on the branch of Judaism. For Orthodox and Conversatives, yes the child must be converted if the mother is not Jewish.

Many Reform congregrations do not insist on conversion if the father is Jewish and the mother is not. Some still do.

Reconstructionist Judaism completely accepts the child being Jewish if either parent is Jewish.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3216601;
    I think Edie's husband has something against Lynette. That is why he made Edie move back to this town. He was moving in on Tom for the purpose of setting up Lynette. Maybe he plans to break them up?? I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't kill Mrs. McKlusky and frame Lynette for the murder.
    I think it is more likely he is framing Mrs. McClosky for something. Is she on probation for having tossed her husband in the freezer? Would Dave know about that?

His set-up against Lynette is that someday he will drop the comment to Tom that the guitar was his present and then Tom will wonder why Lynette lied to him about it. Or else he'll use it to get something out of Tom. Or he's attempting to make himself invaluable to all of the Wisteria Lane households *except* for...McClosky?

Gee, ya think Andrew would have cut a deal with Gabby over the car. After all he did run her mother-in-law over and indirectly cause her death. It seems that the writers have forgotten about that hit-and run.

I like the theory that Edie's husband is angry about losing his wife and baby...ala susan and Mike's accident

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle;3216526;
    Whats up with Orson this season? He's really nasty to Bree and I'm just going off him quite alot.
    He's being passive-aggressive -- probably as a reaction to Bree's manipulating him into doing time in prison. Not that she nor her son never had anything to do with anyone's untimely demise . . .
    (although in her son's case, he deserves a medal for running down Gabi's mother-in-law from hell!)
    . . . I especially loved the Gaby and Susan's bullying story, that had me in fits.

"Oh and tell Bob and Lee I'll pay for the dent in their lawn."
    Yes! That, and, "She's fat (or overweight, or whatever) for someone YOUR age!"
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoBurbs;3216721;
    Gee, ya think Andrew would have cut a deal with Gabby over the car. After all he did run her mother-in-law over and indirectly cause her death. It seems that the writers have forgotten about that hit-and run.
    Actually, Andrew did her a huge favor. She should've given him more money!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle;3216526;
    Whats up with Orson this season? He's really nasty to Bree and I'm just going off him quite alot.

I loved yesterdays episode, there were a ton of laughs which I've missed in more recent episodes. I especially loved the Gaby and Susan's bullying story, that had me in fits.

"Oh and tell Bob and Lee I'll pay for the dent in their lawn."

And it was good to see that Lynette's daughter still exists!

I'm really worried about Ms. McClusky now though. I hope nothing happens to her as I really enjoy her character.
    But, Tom's daughter (who was so evil to Lynette last season and got sent "away") is still gone right? I don't watch the show every week so I'm not sure. If so, that's the daughter that caused a huge amount of drama and maybe will come back later to get revenge.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Being reported on TMZ and Perezhilton.com:

Queer As Folk alum Gale Harold, the guy who plays Teri Hatcher's boyfriend on Desperate Housewives, was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident on Tuesday, according to a new report.

It must be really bad.

He's apparently in the intensive care unit.

Pull through, Gale!

Our thoughts are with his family and friends
    I hope he is ok..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000;3217336;
    But, Tom's daughter (who was so evil to Lynette last season and got sent "away") is still gone right? I don't watch the show every week so I'm not sure. If so, that's the daughter that caused a huge amount of drama and maybe will come back later to get revenge.
    Yes, Tom's daughter, Kayla, is still with her grandparents. Penny is Tom's daughter with Lynette. Way younger than Kayla.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    Being reported on TMZ and Perezhilton.com:

Quote:
    Queer As Folk alum Gale Harold, the guy who plays Teri Hatcher's boyfriend on Desperate Housewives, was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident on Tuesday, according to a new report.

It must be really bad.

He's apparently in the intensive care unit.

Pull through, Gale!

Our thoughts are with his family and friends

I hope he is ok..
    Wow! That's huge. I hope he pulls through. I'm going to try and keep up with the news reports online about this and if anything else comes up, I'll come in and post.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I just read that he is in serious condition with some broken bones and swelling on the brain. He IS expected to recover from what I read. And they are saying weeks, which sound a bit more positive then the first half of the report.

DH is going to have to rewrite some scenes for the big episode he was in the process of filming. And they are waiting to see what happens before moving forward.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread