+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 133 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

My two cents on the first couple of episodes:

Totally disgusted at Lynette for the computer spying. And to me her hair still looks like a wig too. If it's not, then shame on whoever her stylist is.

Susan's boyfriend doesn't do it for me. He seems like a nice enough guy and cute in a boyish way but not sexy or attractive like Mike. I loved husband #1 showing up though. He's always fun to watch.

Edie doesn't seem the type to marry a man and not know everything about him, including what's in his bank account. But since he's a Tony Robbins type, he knows how to read people and tells her what she wants to hear.

If Gaby is self-conscious about her looks, why doesn't she put on some makeup and do her hair? You don't need a lot of money to look presentable. There's nothing stopping her from going running like she used to. I get that she's depressed about the way her life has been going but either do something about it or shut-up.

I'm not sure what to think about Orson demanding the pot roast at the end. He was a control freak with his first wife so maybe that part of him is coming back out. The reason he hasn't been that way with Bree is because she's just like him. I think he's just very hurt and wanted her to feel what he's been feeling. Looks like it worked but Bree isn't one to be pushed around without retaliation.

It's a shame that the Edie storyline is what will give Katherine more to do on the show because I really like her character. It doesn't seem true to her character to let Bree take all the credit for their business. I know we've seen her arguing with Bree but she's been downright subdued from the strong person she was introduced as.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Felicity's (Lynette) real hair is thin and probably difficult to keep looking good during an entire day of shooting thus the wig. That is my hunch. She had her real hair during the first season, then she appeared to have extentions in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3213056;
    Felicity's (Lynette) real hair is thin and probably difficult to keep looking good during an entire day of shooting thus the wig. That is my hunch. She had her real hair during the first season, then she appeared to have extentions in the second.
    It has to be a wig. She was on The View yesterday, and while she has nice, similarly styled hair - it is not nearly as thick as what she has on the show. I think you have an excellent hunch.

The only redeeming storyline so far is Edie's new husband. I love that McClusky is involved!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

I liked the fast-forward thing, lots of juicy new storylines. Lynette's wig bothered me the most, strangely enough. If she's going to wear one on the show, at least get one that looks real. I know they're out there so please get something better!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

I thought it was funny when Orson demanded the pot roast. But then I thought it's midnight and thats going to taking a few hours to cook. Talk about your late night suppers.

FORT Regular

I think the reason the wig is so obviously bad is to let us viewers know that she's still wearing one. If it's intended to make Huffman's real hair look better, a show like this could definitely do better!

Bree's "I like to eat dinner with my family" lie is probably similar to what a lot of public figures do: do as I say, not what I do...
    Bree's family life going down the drain is nothing we haven't already seen before. First it was her controlling, perfectionist nature that was hated by her kids and first husband, and now it's her business.

FORT Fogey

I personally think that Susan's new boyfriend is hot.

To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3207150;
    OK, so far the episode is hit-or-miss (Scavo stuff OK, Bree/Katherine stuff silly, Gaby stuff weird, Edie stuff the obvious new "mystery" of the season)...

...but Gale Harold singing "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" was just plain HOT.
    I thought he was the hottest thing ever on Queer as Folk, but he's not doing much for me here, which really surprises me, because I had a huge crush on him as the arrogant, unavailable, bad boy. It's strange to see him as the more gentle, "nice guy" pursuer. (Guess that says a lot about my unhealthy attraction to unhealthy men. But I actually like nice guys, too, in real life.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I read that Edie's husband's last name is Williams, the same last name as Bree's nutty pharmacist boyfriend. hmmmmmm
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread