+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 133 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

why does it have to be Lynette to take the mat leave? Tom is already off why can't he stay home with the babies? there are these neat things called breast pumps and bottles.. a real innovation.
    In Canada we get a paid year of parental leave.. that either parent can take, I know it's not like that in the US but when you are in a bind you figure things out. Personally, I would have had a tubal after the last baby if I were in Lynette's shoes.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3751419;
    Anyone else think Angie is the killer?
    I have thought of one scenario. Both attacks have been in the evening. What if Angie is on meds for her extreme injuries (or she forgets to take them) and it turns her into a Jekyll/Hyde personality?

My alternate theory is someone tracked them down and is stalking Nick. The someone would be connected with whomever Nick called from the coffee shop.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3751321;
    Lynette was selfish as always. Carlos has every right to be furious with her and her deceitful ways.

As a spouse who has just been cheated on, I was shocked that Angie would so willingly cover up Bree's infidelity. I would have expected her to side with Orson.
    Angie did it so Orson wouldn't harm himself. When she went looking for Bree early that week, he was listening to a song from an opera that hinted at suicide and he said he didn't know what he would do if he found out Bree was cheating on him.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3751673;
    why does it have to be Lynette to take the mat leave? Tom is already off why can't he stay home with the babies? there are these neat things called breast pumps and bottles.. a real innovation.
    In Canada we get a paid year of parental leave.. that either parent can take, I know it's not like that in the US but when you are in a bind you figure things out. Personally, I would have had a tubal after the last baby if I were in Lynette's shoes.
    There is that, but you have to consider the recovery time. Which would be even longer if she had to have a C-Section. I guess she could take just a couple weeks off instead of six. Plus, can you really see Tom home alone with twin newborns?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I think Lynette is also concerned about the possibility that she might need to spend the last few months of the pregnancy in bed.

FORT Fogey

Well OK, Lynette screwed up, but she was putting the best interests of her family first by taking that job and not revealing her pregnancy. How many people don't think of their own families first, although I'm not saying that's a good reason to lie. I'm not just trying to defend her ... Lynette is not a character I really like ... none of the housewives are, actually, although of the lot, I like Susan best. Anyway, I still think Carlos is being too harsh. There are other ways he can "get even" without bankrupting the Scavos, and even taking the high road, by what has been suggested here ... telling her Tom has to do her job while she's on leave, or making her recruit and train a replacement while still doing her own job up until her maternity leave. Despite the deception (out of desperation to support her family), Lynette has done a great job for Carlos's company.

And for Pete's sake, why don't Lynette and Tom use birth control, or snip-snip for him? Vasectomies are much easier than tubal ligations for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3752117;
    I still think Carlos is being too harsh. There are other ways he can "get even" without bankrupting the Scavos, and even taking the high road, by what has been suggested here ... telling her Tom has to do her job while she's on leave, or making her recruit and train a replacement while still doing her own job up until her maternity leave.
    He said he didn't know she was pregnant. That might be true. It may be that all Gaby told him was how she sabotaged the transfer to Miami. Maybe when he calms down some of these ideas will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3752123;
    He said he didn't know she was pregnant. That might be true. It may be that all Gaby told him was how she sabotaged the transfer to Miami. Maybe when he calms down some of these ideas will come up.
    I think he knew. He had a plan when he walked into that office. He knew he couldn't fire her for being pregnant, that's why he told her she's going to Florida. She either goes or quits and Carlos knows she won't uproot her family to move. He knew exactly what he was doing when he walked in and he wasn't a bit surprised when she blurted that she was pregnant.

I do wonder how he can really afford to lose her, though. Seems like he relies on her a lot and she does her job her well. Especially with the Florida office opening up. I imagine that they will have a heart to heart soon and work it out, but in the meantime, we get drama. Which is fine with me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Add to the dynamic that Tom and Lynette foiled Carlos and Gabi's plan in transferring the other employee to Miami in order to open up a space for Gordita in Our Lady of the Immaculate Deception's second-grade class.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

LOL gordita..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread