+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 133 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

I really enjoyed Angie in the last two episodes. She was hilarious!

Lynette really screwed up. Yikes.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3751154;
    I really enjoyed Angie in the last two episodes. She was hilarious!

Lynette really screwed up. Yikes.
    Okay, she should have told Carlos the truth to start with, and she and Tom shouldn't have discouraged the other guy from taking the Florida job (oh what a tangled web we weave) ... but I think Carlos is overreacting. What's the huge deal if she takes a few months off on maternity leave? The other guy is there to take up the slack, and knowing Lynette's character, she will still be in the mix by phone most of that time. Carlos knows she can't leave her family for two years to work in Miami, so he is forcing her to quit and for her family to have no income. That's a rotten thing to do to an employee, no less a longtime friend. The punishment is far worse than the crime in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3751253;
    What's the huge deal if she takes a few months off on maternity leave? The other guy is there to take up the slack
    Because no one is covering the Miami office.
    The punishment is far worse than the crime in this case.
    I'm not so sure. She's shown she can't be relied on as either an employee or a friend. I think she deserves to be fired, but he can't do that directly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3751254;
    Because no one is covering the Miami office.I'm not so sure. She's shown she can't be relied on as either an employee or a friend. I think she deserves to be fired, but he can't do that directly.
    I'm pretty sure there is someone else on the face of the earth who is well-qualified and could be hired to cover the Miami office, especially with all the MBAs who can't find jobs right now. Carlos could have made it Lynette's responsibility to recruit and train a qualified person for that job.

I still don't see why taking a few months off for maternity leave would mean the end of the world for Carlos's business. People do it all the time. As I said, granted she should have told him she was pregnant and this could perhaps all have been worked out at that time ... her getting the job, training someone to take over for a few months, etc. I still think it could be worked out without her losing her job and her family losing its breadwinner unless Tom quits school and goes back to work. There are ways to make a win-win situation out of it. Of course, that would not make for good plot development on a show like this.

Lucky, I generally agree with you, but the trust is gone. Lynette pretty much intentionally sabotaged the Miami venture. Sure, it can be worked out, but it shouldn't have gotten to this point.

FORT Fanatic

Lynette was selfish as always. Carlos has every right to be furious with her and her deceitful ways.

As a spouse who has just been cheated on, I was shocked that Angie would so willingly cover up Bree's infidelity. I would have expected her to side with Orson.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3751321;
    As a spouse who has just been cheated on, I was shocked that Angie would so willingly cover up Bree's infidelity. I would have expected her to side with Orson.
    I think Angie said she did it for Orson.

Anyone else think Angie is the killer? Or is it so blatantly obviously her that it can't be her? And what's up with her hubby? Is he supposed to be some undercover agent or something....he referred to himself as "OWL" and said he was thinking of coming in. Or would that be part of witness protection too...like he was going to come out of hiding?

As for Lynnette, it was a double betrayal. Carlos is more than her boss, Gabby and he were her friends long before he hired her. Gabby is right, Lynnette knew what the stakes were for Carlos and the company before she accepted the promotion. As his friend, she should have pled her case and let him make the call, she owed him that much.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Lynette was selfish as always. Carlos has every right to be furious with her and her deceitful ways.

i always thought her character was a bitch and she has been consistent (guess that's good writing / character development)

as far as Angie, i guess she think Orson is a good guy and was trying to save him some pain; She pleaded with Bree i guess to not let it happen anymore; Nobody knows the actual dynamic of Bree/Orson marriage

sot: Orson has that weird Dr Oz head
    Angie > Nicollete Shridans character (for a moment i even forgot she used to be on the show)

Orson hinted at suicide. Angie hid the affair so he wouldn't do 'something stupid'.

As for Lynette....Tom is perfectly qualified to do her job. Why didn't she just go to Carlos and suggest that they train Tom to temporarily step in for Lynette during maternity leave? Sure, he had classes, but he could have skipped a semester or scheduled classes around his work shift. I mean, they are his kids, too and sometimes you have to do what you have to do. It would be tough, but then Lynette wouldn't have had to lie to Carlos because she had a feasible plan.

One of the funniest lines of the show was Gabby sitting in the confessional.....she opens the window, throws a wad of cash in and says..I don't know...you tell me! I love her character.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread