+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 133 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Lynette had to put up with Tom's love child and former mistress/girlfriend.

I really think that when they had Tom tell about why he loves Lynette and how, it made their relationship make sense. It was sweet and probably a much needed mention.

I don't like Tom at all (loved Doug Savant, though, on Melrose Place) -- particularly with his wanting to breed as much as possible, and then -- lah-dee-dah -- blowing everything off to follow his half-assed whims. I like Lynette a whole lot more, but also believe she's an idiot for not using birth control and giving in to getting knocked up as much as she did when she really didn't want to. I would have a lot more respect for her had she stuck to her guns from the get-go and remained a childfree, successful woman focused on her career -- and on a real MAN (non man-child) who respected and preferred her as such.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3744355;
    I really think that when they had Tom tell about why he loves Lynette and how, it made their relationship make sense. It was sweet and probably a much needed mention.
    I agree. That was a very sweet moment.

Now it is time to tweak Susan's personality to make her more appealing. I like her but I read that so many do not.

I am bothered by how heavy Juanita is. I expected to see her lose weight as the series progressed. It is sad to see obesity in children. She is in a better position than many children in that she has access to help and the money to get it. I have to ask what her parents are thinking.

Are the ever going to show Celia again?

I am enjoying this season, there seems to be much more going on.

I too was wondering where Celia went. We havent seen heer at all this season! I hope they are not going to act like they had one child all along and there was no other child. Some shows have done that.
    Susan sure makes a lot of enemies. It looks like her only friends are on Wisteria Lane!

In one of the scenes Gaby makes a reference to Celia as though she is in another room, but we don't see her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3746229;
    In one of the scenes Gaby makes a reference to Celia as though she is in another room, but we don't see her.

Yes, Celia and the niece, they just disappeared

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm waiting on Jo Frost to show up at Gabby's and Carlos' house any time now! That might make a fun cross-over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3746264;
    I'm waiting on Jo Frost to show up at Gabby's and Carlos' house any time now! That might make a fun cross-over.
    Love it!

That was kind of sweet last night when Gaby said the teaching was ruining her relationship with Juanita, and seemed upset by that.

I actually think Juanita might have thinned out a bit...that is she's growing a little, but maybe not gaining more weight to keep up with the new height. She's a good actress, but I hope she manages to thin down for her health's sake. The boy on Two and a Half Men did it by just growing but not gaining weight it seemed....

The storylines aren't all winners, but there was one line tonight that made me laugh out loud, which means there's still something there worth watching...

As Susan pulls Mike up the stairs for a quick 'nooner' between jobs, and tells him he can even bring his sandwich with him, he gleefully says, "I'm the luckiest man alive! Can I put on The Three Stooges, too!?"
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread