+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 133 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3742240;
    In defense of Tom... I thought it was incredibly sweet the other week when he was explaining to the old handyman why it seemed like he was always letting Lynette make the decisions and run things. It's his way of protecting her and making her feel safe. I can't remember exactly all he said, but it was really touching. Yes, he's an annoying man-child in many ways, but he clearly loves his wife and knows her very well. That one tiny scene went a long way in raising my opinion of Tom.
    . . . which could very well be why they "work." After watching that scene, I thought, okay, that kind of makes sense. He's not as dumb as he seems on the surface.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3743021;
    . . . which could very well be why they "work." After watching that scene, I thought, okay, that kind of makes sense. He's not as dumb as he seems on the surface.
    I think the producers realized they owed us an explanation after all this time. and/or it may be a segue to Tom taking more control.

Keep in mind that Lynette was fine with him staying home with the kids while she went to work.

I think Toms a good guy. He's just.....bored?.....regretful? It seems like he has followed Lynette's life plan for them and ignored his own wants for so long that he's like a kid in a candy store..He has no idea what he really wants so he's taste testing a few pieces . He does seem a little immature, but that can be said about a lot of men (and women). He seemed happy enough with the pizza shop but the economy forced him out of that. I don't know...I guess I don't mind him too much. At least he's always there for her and he's usually pretty supportive. You gotta take the bad with the good.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Tom is doing a middle-aged crisis thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3743550;
    I think Tom is doing a middle-aged crisis thing.
    Still? Or again?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3743725;
    Still? Or again?
    He's never really gotten into the swing of it. Lynette keeps smacking him down...

Let's see...I know I'm leaving quite a bit out here but...

1. Tom buys his dream car..a vintage Mustang. Lynette forces him to sell it to pay the legal fees for their sons lawyer.

2. Tom starts a band and Lynette destroys his guitar. She does replace it, but she continues to bitch at him about it. PLUS she accuses him of using the bands practice space as a love nest for a lover he doesn't have.

3. Tom starts a business and she rants and raves for several episodes before she caves, BUT she continues to give him hell at every turn for it. Even after he makes it successful. Then she uses the restaurant as a love nest for a budding romance. AND she tries to run it. Effectively castrating him.

4. She tries to get Tom to interview for a job and when he finally does, she swoops in and tries to steal it out from under him.

5. He wants to further his education and of course, she raises a stink about that.

Everything he tries to do, she vetoes. I get that he's an adult and should act like one, but the poor guy isn't even allowed to have a hobby..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3743882;
    Everything he tries to do, she vetoes. I get that he's an adult and should act like one, but the poor guy isn't even allowed to have a hobby..
    My very happy husband would have run from her years ago. I mean, even with the learning Chinese thing, she immediately freaked about the idea without hearing his rationale, which was honestly quite sound.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I don't care for Lynette or Tom. They are both insufferable characters. I'm actually happy this show has a set end-point. I feel like I have to see it through to the end because it was once a really good show, but happy that the end isn't too far off.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3743997;
    I don't care for Lynette or Tom. They are both insufferable characters. I'm actually happy this show has a set end-point. I feel like I have to see it through to the end because it was once a really good show, but happy that the end isn't too far off.
    Actually ArchieComic....I think I just read they extended the show through 2013. Yay!?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fanatic

I like Tom a lot and can't stand Lynette. The poor guy deserves a medal for putting up with her all these years.

I think this season has been pretty good so far. It is keeping me interested in tuning in weekly.

+ Reply to Thread