+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 133 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

FORT Fanatic

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Creepy Katherine is really getting to me. She's as bad as that male neighbor they killed in a car accident last season when he had kidnapped Susan. Enough, already.

Can Tom be any more immature? He was warned that he had chosen a difficult language (Chinese) to learn, yet apparently he enrolls in college full-time. Couldn't he have taken just a few classes to try things out first? Oh, wait, it's just a TV show.

Tom is unbeleivable! He is always running off in pursuit of a new goal. Last year it was the restaurant, and now college! Every season, they make him more and more silly and unstable. And that remark he made to his wife about thinking she was better than him--and she is lying to have a better job to support them all!!

FORT Fogey

Exactly what does Tom think he's going to do with a major in Mandarin Chinese? This relationship really hacks me off in a lot of ways, as I know people like this in real life. The wife/mom takes on all the responsibility while the husband flits from one thing to another and is all too happy to have minimal responsibility for supporting the family. Mind you, I don't see the wife/mom as a victim here ... she is allowing and enabling it. Tom, get a job and go to school part time! I'd kick him out! Let him go live with the boys in the frat house and get a job bussing tables.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3741213;
    Creepy Katherine is really getting to me. She's as bad as that male neighbor they killed in a car accident last season when he had kidnapped Susan. Enough, already.
    YES, ENOUGH ENOUGH.

LOVED Gaby on last night show.

I especially loved the "blank" scene between Gaby and Carlos last night.

Gaby : ''I know someone who isn't getting blanked tonight!''
    Carlos : ''Fine with me. I blanked off earlier!''

Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I really don't understand Lynette's even having married Tom in the first place, unless she wasn't thinking and found his flakiness "cute" back when? Really, she could have done so much better.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I just caught up with the show and watched the past 2 seasons online and I am loving every moment of it!

Though I have to agree that Katherine is nuts!!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

In defense of Tom... I thought it was incredibly sweet the other week when he was explaining to the old handyman why it seemed like he was always letting Lynette make the decisions and run things. It's his way of protecting her and making her feel safe. I can't remember exactly all he said, but it was really touching. Yes, he's an annoying man-child in many ways, but he clearly loves his wife and knows her very well. That one tiny scene went a long way in raising my opinion of Tom.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3741236;
    Exactly what does Tom think he's going to do with a major in Mandarin Chinese?
    Early in the season, he said it was so he could combine his super marketing powers with the Chinese language to become a super marketing account executive for the booming Chinese market. Actually, that's not a bad reason. However, becoming a full-time student to learn Chinese was idiotic. He should have just taken some Berlitz classes instead.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, warrenn. I guess I can see that as a marketable skill. However, you're right. People learn foreign languages all the time without quitting their jobs and going to school full time ... especially when they have umpteen kids to support.

+ Reply to Thread