+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 133 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3729825;
    One of the best parts of the episode was the reaction/lecture the three kids gave Lynette and Tom.
    The kid's lecture was hilarious -- and spot-on!
    (I'm surprised Lynette hadn't had her tubes tied already. That was one of the first things on my agenda when I knew I didn't want to procreate.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3730560;
    The kid's lecture was hilarious -- and spot-on!
    (I'm surprised Lynette hadn't had her tubes tied already. That was one of the first things on my agenda when I knew I didn't want to procreate.)
    Wasn't Tom supposed to have had a vasectomy, but he couldn't make himself do it and forget to let Lynette in on the secret?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3730605;
    Wasn't Tom supposed to have had a vasectomy, but he couldn't make himself do it and forget to let Lynette in on the secret?
    I remember them having a fight about it at one point. If I remember correctly, she agreed to let him put it off. Frankly, she should have just gotten her tubes tied.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3730625;
    I remember them having a fight about it at one point. If I remember correctly, she agreed to let him put it off. Frankly, she should have just gotten her tubes tied.
    Given how flaky Tom has been all along, even if he had said he'd had gotten the ol' snip-snip, I wouldn't have trusted him. She should have gotten her tubes tied. And given her fertility, in double knots!

FORT Regular

The new neighbor being Julie's "boyfriend" became obvious after his flirting with the 20 year old girls at his son's party. That was a nice little clue!

Julie's change of character is just too unbelievable to me. I understand people change, especially since there is a five year jump, but her quitting school, having an affair with a married man, is too much. This storyline should have gone to someone else. Maybe Anna, Gaby's niece.

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3731484;
    Julie's change of character is just too unbelievable to me. I understand people change, especially since there is a five year jump, but her quitting school, having an affair with a married man, is too much.
    Not necessarily -- after having had to spend most of her childhood and adolescence having to be the grown-up and "raising" that ditzy mother of hers, she's finally able to cut loose and go through her rebellious phase. (Though it would have been much less troublesome had she been able to do so at the normal time -- when rebellion for her would probably have stopped at cutting class on senior skip day, or making out under the bleachers at a football game, or getting sick on beer and cigarettes.)

she's waitressing after having dropped out of med school.

she wasn't pregnant, but thought she may be. apparently the potential father is a married man.

i fell asleep last night tho so they may have cleared some things up.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3730023;
    Oh, right.. I keep forgetting that it is 5 years later for the older actresses since basically they look the same.... So what is Julie supposed to be doing these days? I obviously haven't been paying attention....
    The doc said she isn't pregnant? Have I missed a show??? Why would she tell Lynette she was? Whoa... I'd better stop posting about this show!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3731550;
    she's waitressing after having dropped out of med school.

she wasn't pregnant, but thought she may be. apparently the potential father is a married man.
    i fell asleep last night tho so they may have cleared some things up.
    He's the new husband on the block (Angie's), father of the boy who was suspected of attacking Julie. Can't remember his name ... starts with a "d."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3731618;
    He's the new husband on the block (Angie's), father of the boy who was suspected of attacking Julie. Can't remember his name ... starts with a "d."
    Actor Jeffrey Nordling ("Melrose Place" -- gay lover of Doug Savant's character Matt Fielding -- plays new perv hubby on the block Nick Bolen) plays the part of Julie's lover/attacker.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3731954;
    Actor Jeffrey Nordling ("Melrose Place" -- gay lover of Doug Savant's character Matt Fielding -- plays new perv hubby on the block Nick Bolen) plays the part of Julie's lover/attacker.
    I was talking about his character's name on the show, not the actor's name, and when he came into Julie's hospital room at the end, I do believe he said his name was Dominick, which starts with a D (corresponding to what Julie wrote in her diary). Nick is apparently a shorter version of the character's full first name.

+ Reply to Thread