+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 133 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Oh, yes, Karl....that's Susan's first husband? His looks seem to have improved over my memory of him, really didn't recognize him.

FORT Fogey

Yes, Karl was Susan's first husband. Last time we saw him before the Bree thing was when he was going to baby-birthing classes with a new young wife. Wonder if he is supposed to still be married.

FORT Fanatic

Karl's wife left him. That's why Karl showed up with his bratty kid at Susan's school to enroll him. The other kids didn't like him, and Susan's son didn't want to invite him to his sleep-over but since Bree wanted to get on Karl's good side, she bribed M.J. with a plate of his favorite cookies if he would issue an invitation to the kid.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, swissmiss! I remember about the kid who MJ didn't like. I couldn't remember if anything was mentioned about the wife. So his wife left him ... what a surprise!

I thought one of Susan's husbands left her for another guy. Am I remembering that accurately, and if so was it Karl?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3465657;
    I thought one of Susan's husbands left her for another guy. Am I remembering that accurately, and if so was it Karl?
    I don't think so. I remember that Lynette's mother divorced her husband because he was gay (Richard Chamberlain). I can't think of anyone else though.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3459168;
    I don't remember her saying twins but if she did she was just messing with Edie. I clearly remember Gaby's two surprise pregnancies. I am absolutely positive they are not twins.
    Thanks, I stand corrected. I remember now.

I taped the finale & just watched it. I've been avoiding any boards or spoilers until I saw it. I just read all the comments.

Apparently I'm the only one who felt sorry for crazy Dave. Not that I'm justifying in any way the killings, misdirected vengance, or the way he treated Mrs McClusky (one of my favorite characters), but I felt really bad for the poor guy.
    The flash backs showed him to be a great guy with a great life, & the accident totally runined that, not to mention his sanity. Poor guy.

I'm not at all happy with the Lynette pregnancy story line. This is an intellegent woman. If she didn't want any more kids, take precautions. Permantly. That plus the fact that pregnancy or newborns are NOT good entertainment.

Gaby's story has potential if they treat the story with humor or drama, just so they don't make Anna an obnoxious hatable brat, like they did with Tom's older daughter.

I'm still mad about what they did with Orson this season. I loved him with Bree last season. They brought out the best in each other & stuck together to get through a lot. This year they just destroyed him as well as the realationship. They made him unlikable. Bree wasn't much better.

I hope Susan's stringy-haired exboytoy Jackson is gone from the show. I never liked him. I hope it's her in the wedding, but I doubt it. Too much of a happy ending. The writers obviously want roadblocks for Mike & Susan rather than being together.

I just read on People.com that the actress who plays Mrs McClusky has lung cancer. Apparently she beat it in 2001 but it's back.

when is season 6 supposed to start?

+ Reply to Thread