+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3209593;
    Gabby's fat daughter does not look or act like a 4-year-old, btw. I don't like devious children. I don't buy how Gabby just became a doormat. Given the character we knew before, I would think she'd have more success standing up to her stubborn kid and husband. Doesn't she have another kid? Only one is getting attention.
    In real life I don't like devious children, either. But this isn't real life.. it's a tv show. And I think it is absolutely hysterical that Gaby has been saddled with a child with a temperment that matches her own. Just a further demonstration that Gaby acts like a churlish 4 year old.

In the interest of full disclosure: In real life I also don't like perfectionist women like Bree, deviant children like the Scavo children and mothers that cannot control them, wimpy men like Tom, manipulative wenches like Edie, whiny women like Susan, nor murderers like Katherine, however well intended. But on tv, in a satire, they can be pretty darned amusing.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3209826;
    In real life I don't like devious children, either. But this isn't real life.. it's a tv show. And I think it is absolutely hysterical that Gaby has been saddled with a child with a temperment that matches her own. Just a further demonstration that Gaby acts like a churlish 4 year old.

In the interest of full disclosure: In real life I also don't like perfectionist women like Bree, deviant children like the Scavo children and mothers that cannot control them, wimpy men like Tom, manipulative wenches like Edie, whiny women like Susan, nor murderers like Katherine, however well intended. But on tv, in a satire, they can be pretty darned amusing.
    I agree. You are signing my song! This is a satire/dark comedy and does not try to imitate life in any way.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3209826;

WOW, you know all them types of people?!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3210116;
    WOW, you know all them types of people?!
    Unfortunately, most. I don't know any murderous women.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3210227;
    I used to know one - I did not care for her at all. More disturbingly, she did not care for me at all.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That you KNOW you know! Maybe they are just good at covering up!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3209651;
    I agree that Gabby's plot line is nuts, even for this dark satire. And there is no way either of them would allow their child to become so fat. And shame on that childs mother! She looks about 6 to me but it is difficult to tell because she is so huge.

If you google her Madison Delagarza, the first page that comes up is a teen sight and there are some pics of her, some at a younger age before she became obese. She was cute. Too bad.
    Some websites say the girl actually is 6.. she's also Demi Lovato's [Disney star] half sister.

Regarding the new Gabby storyline, it really isn't that interesting to me.Edie's husband... that's interesting. I'm hoping for some clues to his motivations in tonight's episode. The only possible explanation I gathered from the first episode was that he could be a relative of the mother and daughter that died after Susan and Mike's accident. But that's a bit too obvious for DH, so I could be way off....

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3212005;
    Regarding the new Gabby storyline, it really isn't that interesting to me.Edie's husband... that's interesting. I'm hoping for some clues to his motivations in tonight's episode. The only possible explanation I gathered from the first episode was that he could be a relative of the mother and daughter that died after Susan and Mike's accident. But that's a bit too obvious for DH, so I could be way off....
    It could be that since it makes sense.....but considering the show jumped 5 years....who knows who did what to whom and when
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Awww...Porter grew a heart. You know Lynette has to get that it's typical teenage behavior (especially teenage boys) to stop sharing with their parents. Okay. That's the first thing I wanted to comment on.
    #2: Am I the only one who thought Orson suddenly became almost dangerously controlling tonight? Do I see an attack coming soon? Perhaps some slapping around or something?
    #3: That guy that Edie's married to is really really creepy.
    #4: Would you want your new beau to be hanging out with your ex?
    Enough said.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Uh, Broadway, there is something I have been meaning to tell you...

j/k
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread