+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 133 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

FORT Fanatic

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3460295;
    What IS surprising though, dancingfan, is that SUSAN and MIKE did not recognize him--here they were so traumatized by what happened that their marriage broke up, and they don't recall the face of the man whose famiiy they destroyed? Unless he went into the hospital immediately you know the media would have run his picture, and surely S&M () would have dwelt on it, especially Susan.

That is what I was questioning really, why no one, including Susan and Mike, ever saw Dave or a picture of him. As obsessive as Susan is, I just have a hard time buying it.

I do not recall if it was said that he was hospitalized right after the accident which I guess could be possible.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3461322;
    That is what I was questioning really, why no one, including Susan and Mike, ever saw Dave or a picture of him. As obsessive as Susan is, I just have a hard time buying it.

I do not recall if it was said that he was hospitalized right after the accident which I guess could be possible.
    Not everyone is a famewhore either; I have doubts as to his photo ever being on the news. In many cases like this, unless the family seeks it out, youíre not going to have other family members photos splashed across the news.. Thatís an awful invasion of privacy as well if itís criminal at times unsafe not to mention legal issues for releasing private info with out police permission if there is an ongoing case.

Also I recall in the first flashback of the season they showed Susan in the hospital with MJ and how Davidís wife had her baby there... at the same time... left the same time... etc... and they made a point of how Susan had no idea who they were till the accident. I donít see how this is that uncommon. Like I said I didnít know everyone who lived in my town... and this was for the most part a traffic accident, I never see photos on TV of people killed in a traffic accident much less their families.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

There was the newspaper article that Edie scrounged up. Does anyone recall what it showed for photographs?

FORT Fanatic

I think it had Mike's picture included since he and Susan lied and said he was driving the car during the accident.

When the showed the accident happening (when Dave was reliving that night) did everyone else notice that the stop sign had been knocked over and Dave's wife ran a stop sign, and that was why Susan hit her? So the accident wasn't even sort of Susan's fault. I'm sure that's why Mike was never prosecuted for it.

So Dave really was just totally crazy as far as thinking it was something that was their fault and that they should have paid for.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

yes, i noticed the stop sign too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3463770;
    When the showed the accident happening (when Dave was reliving that night) did everyone else notice that the stop sign had been knocked over and Dave's wife ran a stop sign, and that was why Susan hit her? So the accident wasn't even sort of Susan's fault. I'm sure that's why Mike was never prosecuted for it.

So Dave really was just totally crazy as far as thinking it was something that was their fault and that they should have paid for.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3463770;

Sort of? In that case, it wouldn't have been Susan's fault at all, it would have been completely the fault of Dave's wife -- because she ran the stop sign, not Susan. The only problem is that probably, by the time the cops got to the scene, they wouldn't have had any way of knowing exactly when the street sign had been knocked over, (assuming they even noticed it at all). So unfortunately for Mike and Susan, even though they were completely in the right, it was assumed that their car caused the accident.

FORT Fogey

They also showed Dave playing a scenario in his head that revealed his own sense of guilt for what happened. If he wouldn't have told his wife to go out for ice cream with his daughter without him because he had to work ... and instead would have said let's make s'mores here ... the accident never would have happened. So I think the point is that he was not dealing with his own guilt, and instead was projecting it onto Mike and Susan. When he realized that his wife and daughter would not have been killed had he made a different decision that night, that's when he went completely insane and was shown looking crazed in the loony bin. Of course, that is a big unnecessary load of guilt to dump on himself, as no one would think that sending his family out for ice cream without him would mean they would be killed. It wasn't his fault or anyone's fault, as the stop sign was not visible.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, it's the fault of whoever hit the sign or of the roads dept. for not fixing it promptly.
    This is why I love FORT (among many reasons)--I just got to watch my tape last night, and I'd never have seen that stop sign if you all hadn't alerted me!

I spent a lot of time trying to identify that bride, but it's obviously impossible.

That kiss Mike gave Susan after the wreck...I'm not sure how he could marry anyone else after that... unless she wacks out on him again and backs off.

I really felt for Mike's fiancee when the lady at the airport did not pass on the full message, did NOT say it was an emergency. Just, he was sorry, he had to go, which makes it sound like he'd realized he couldn't marry her.

FORT Fogey

Mike and Susan should SO be together. I hope she's the bride. He would have to be denying his feelings not to ask her to remarry. I think everything was pointing in that direction. The only thing would be if she is going to flake out on him from some sense of responsibility to Jackson, like she's still going to try to marry him so he can live in the U.S. I would be very happy if neither Jackson nor Katherine are back on the show next season. I really thinlk the whole show needs freshening up. Lynette and Tom are going to have more kids and more angst about work and money. Gabby is going to have conflict with the teenaged girl, which is going to cause conflict with Carlos. (BTW, I hate that those two are rarely in agreement about anything, and one always seems to be forcing something unpleasant and life-changing on the other. I'd be damned if I'd have someone living in my home who I really didn't want to be there.) Bree and Karl, yuck, and whiny Orson, and then whatever is going to happen with Susan. That's one reason I hope Mike and Susan will be back together. Someone needs to be happy for a while.

+ Reply to Thread