+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3457452;
    I am well aware that the accident did not happen "on" Wisteria Lane. I have watched every episode.

But they never explained why no one recognized him as the accident victim's husband. Often in the newspapers and on the news, family pictures are shown of accident victims.
    I'm not sure how much time had passed between the accident and Dave moving to Wisteria Lane (what with all the skipping around!), but it might have been some years later, at least a few, so even if his photo was on the news, no one might have remembered him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3457495;
    I'm not sure how much time had passed between the accident and Dave moving to Wisteria Lane (what with all the skipping around!), but it might have been some years later, at least a few, so even if his photo was on the news, no one might have remembered him.
    He also had a breakdown and was hospitalized, so he probably wasn't available for news interviews, etc. (although I'm guessing this is a level of detail that the writers didn't really think about having to address).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Juanita and Celia are not twins. Juanita is a couple of years older.
    The actresses may have an age difference but they are supposed to be twins. One of the best lines in this series is when Edie asked what happened to Gabby when she returned to town to find she had gained weight and looked a mess. Gabby: I had twins. Edie: What did you do, eat them?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3459135;
    The actresses may have an age difference but they are supposed to be twins. One of the best lines in this series is when Edie asked what happened to Gabby when she returned to town to find she had gained weight and looked a mess. Gabby: I had twins. Edie: What did you do, eat them?
    I don't remember her saying twins but if she did she was just messing with Edie. I clearly remember Gaby's two surprise pregnancies. I am absolutely positive they are not twins.

From ABC's recap site
    Gabrielle is alarmed that her period is late. We flash back to the first time she learned she was pregnant: The doctor proclaimed it a "miracle," and Carlos called it a "one-in-a-million shot" but Gaby wasn't so happy since neither had jobs at the time but Carlos convinced her she'd be a good mother. The second time Gaby got pregnant, she insisted Carlos get a vasectomy.

Just as they arrive at Susan's for the party, he blurts out the out the secret he's been keeping: "I never got a vasectomy!"
    10/26/2008 - "Mirror, Mirror"
    Season 5, Episode 05 Desperate Housewives - Episode Recaps - ABC.com
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-20-2009 at 08:19 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

From ABC's recap site 10/26/2008 - "Mirror, Mirror"

I thought that was just a pregnancy "scare".
    Last edited by Need40winks; 05-20-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Didn't quote exactly what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Need40winks;3459411;
    From ABC's recap site 10/26/2008 - "Mirror, Mirror"
    I thought that was just a pregnancy "scare".
    It was a pregnancy scare but they used that episode to flash back to her two previous pregnancies.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Yes, the third one was the pregnancy scare. There were two separate pregnancies.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3457452;
    I am well aware that the accident did not happen "on" Wisteria Lane. I have watched every episode.

But they never explained why no one recognized him as the accident victim's husband. Often in the newspapers and on the news, family pictures are shown of accident victims.
    Do you know everyone who lives near you? I grew up in a small town (in fact Fairview reminds me of it) and I wuold be hard pressed to know anyone out side of the people on my block.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What IS surprising though, dancingfan, is that SUSAN and MIKE did not recognize him--here they were so traumatized by what happened that their marriage broke up, and they don't recall the face of the man whose famiiy they destroyed? Unless he went into the hospital immediately you know the media would have run his picture, and surely S&M () would have dwelt on it, especially Susan.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3460295;
    What IS surprising though, dancingfan, is that SUSAN and MIKE did not recognize him--here they were so traumatized by what happened that their marriage broke up, and they don't recall the face of the man whose famiiy they destroyed? Unless he went into the hospital immediately you know the media would have run his picture, and surely S&M () would have dwelt on it, especially Susan.
    A couple episodes back I thought it was mentioned that he was immediatly hospitilized after the accident and did not get out until the trial and everything was over......so that would explain why Susan and Mike never noticed him.

I kind of like Bree and Karl together.......he seems like a good fit for her.

+ Reply to Thread