+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 133 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

I'm pretty sure the bride is Katherine. There's no shocker if it's Susan. The marriage won't through the next season, I bet. One of the storylines will be Mike struggling to end the marriage and get back with Susan.

I like Bree and Karl together. It's about time she let loose.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3454192;
    When Lynette told Tom that she was pregnant again with twins, I thought she was going to punch him out. LOL. I don't understand why she was making such a big deal out of him going back to school. I think it's great.
    Didn't Tom have a vasectomy?

We were never treated to a real Mike and Susan marriage, They had MJ, he had drug issues and then boom she was with someone else after the accident

I would LOVE to see Mike and Susan have a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3454896;
    Didn't Tom have a vasectomy?
    I don't think he ever went through with it. At the time he didn't want to do it in case something ever happened her, he was afraid he might possibly want another if he remarried.

I don't think it's Susan. I think the doubt would be with Katherine, if he was doing the right thing. Plus he'd have to do a big wedding to make up for leaving her at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3454465;
    If I were Lynette I'd be on the pill AND insist Tom wear a condom.... No way can they afford to have her, the $$ support of the family out with a set of twins on bedrest....
    My husband and I were like them fertility-wise. i even tried birth control to prevent more, but my husband's sperm somehow made their way through. Our youngest two were twins. After that, I made sure to get my tubes tied. there wasn't going to be any sex until I made sure that it was not possible for any more kids to be created.

As for the others knocking Lynette, as a mom of 5 kids--the last 3 close together, I can tell u it is stressful enough to raise them and if u have a responsible person like her versus a person who is extremely laid back and not very driven like Tom, it would be annoying. And I have to admit, if my husband was like that and said out of the blue he was going to study chinese, I might be like, "are you kidding????" I would be thinking about how chinese was going to keep a roof over all of our heads and how much more my salary was going to have to stretch.

But I have to admit Bree and Karl were the highlights. I can't wait to see how those two will be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3454998;
    As for the others knocking Lynette, as a mom of 5 kids--the last 3 close together, I can tell u it is stressful enough to raise them and if u have a responsible person like her versus a person who is extremely laid back and not very driven like Tom, it would be annoying. And I have to admit, if my husband was like that and said out of the blue he was going to study chinese, I might be like, "are you kidding????" I would be thinking about how chinese was going to keep a roof over all of our heads and how much more my salary was going to have to stretch.
    I completely agree, and I don't fault Lynette for not supporting Tom initially. I don't like the sneaky way she tried to sabotage him regarding the entrance exam, though. Would have preferred a mature conversation in which they both lay their feelings on the table and come to some resolution they both can live with ... but when do they ever do that on a TV show(except maybe Dr. Phil)?

However, I can see why she was initially opposed to his plan on the basis of practicality. They have only one salary coming in, two boys about to start college, also two other kids to send to college before long, and two babies on the way... plus, she has to send her husband to college now. That's a pretty good reason for wanting your husband to get a job and generate some income instead of traipsing off to school for the next however many years. If it were me being faced with all those huge expenses, I'd suggest a compromise of him going to college part-time and working part-time.

FORT Fanatic

Was it ever explained why no one on Wisteria Lane saw Dave after the accident that killed Lila and Paige? I find that to be the most far fetched part of this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3456828;
    Was it ever explained why no one on Wisteria Lane saw Dave after the accident that killed Lila and Paige? I find that to be the most far fetched part of this whole thing.
    Because it didn't happen on Wisteria Lane. Dave never lived on Wisteria Lane. They were on that other street off Route 12. Hence the reason why he brought Susan and MJ there. Susan and Mike were on Wisteria Lane. Susan and Mike went for a drive and ended up on that road where Lila and Paige were. They crashed there (on Route 12) and killed Lila and Paige. Dave brought Susan and MJ there and lured Mike there so he could basically take Mike and MJ's lives at the same place and in the same way that they took Lila and Paige's lives. Poetic Justice so to speak. Bring them back to the scene of the crime and make Susan feel the same pain that she caused him.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fanatic

I am well aware that the accident did not happen "on" Wisteria Lane. I have watched every episode.

But they never explained why no one recognized him as the accident victim's husband. Often in the newspapers and on the news, family pictures are shown of accident victims.

+ Reply to Thread