+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 133 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by talula;3454433;
    Not to be defending yet another of their pregnancies but... in last week's episode, they said that they were having sex every day for a month in an attempt to bring their marriage closer. Now, we already know that these are two are a couple of Fertile Myrtles. Even if they do use something regulary to prevent, nothing is 100%, especially with people with extremely cooperative reproductive systems. If could be that the prevention didn't work that time or, in Lynette's exhaustion, one night maybe she failed to insist on it and he's a dude so he could have just been looking to get to the finish line. Who knows. I'm pretty sure a busy career woman with a bunch of exhausting kids would, under normal circumstances, take some sort of precautions but, unless it's directly addressed, we'll never know.
    I just watched, Tom said he thought they were to old.....
    Sounds like no precautions were taken.

FORT Fanatic

The annoying bratty teenager looks boring to me. Gabrielle could chew her up and spit her out without getting a hair out of place.

Plus, she's not "all that" IMO to have the Scavo boys falling all over themselves like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3454477;
    HAHA! I only saw a small portion of Survivor because I was watching DH.She assumed her cancer had returned, but her doctor said no, she was pregnant. So if she is both, we don't know that.

I don't think they would take the plot there. More likely it is a complication to fit into Tom's new lifestyle. Tom has some qualification for what Lynette is doing, so perhaps they split the job (I figure Carlos would accommodate them).

Brooks--thanks so much for the info. We make a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3454460;
    If that isn't Susan in the wedding dress after what she and Mike went through...well, I won't give up on the show, but it will definitely be a bad sign. I just hope they'll do lots and lots of flashback scenes next season, and show us the time when the show was still great.
    I don't think it's Susan for two reasons. First, Susan and Mike are (supposed to be, anyway) the "root for" couple on the show. To put them back together without a few more obstacles is too easy. I think they were just starting to realize themselves they still had feelings for each other. Which is where reason number two comes in. Mary Alice said in her voice over that Mike questioned briefly whether he was doing the right thing just before the vows. I think when he marries Susan again, he won't question whether it's right. I think he was a bit unsure because of Susan and his feelings for her.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3454465;
    If I were Lynette I'd be on the pill AND insist Tom wear a condom.... No way can they afford to have her, the $$ support of the family out with a set of twins on bedrest....
    If I were Lynette, my tubes would've been tied TIGHTLY long ago!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think the wedding is Karl and Bree. All the others are too predictable and they all were the first few to pop into my head. It would give a twist to the story especially since the others wouldn't stir up too much drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3454822;
    I think the wedding is Karl and Bree.
    Karl was sitting in the pews, behind Bree.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3454521;
    I don't think it's Susan for two reasons. First, Susan and Mike are (supposed to be, anyway) the "root for" couple on the show. To put them back together without a few more obstacles is too easy. I think they were just starting to realize themselves they still had feelings for each other. Which is where reason number two comes in. Mary Alice said in her voice over that Mike questioned briefly whether he was doing the right thing just before the vows. I think when he marries Susan again, he won't question whether it's right. I think he was a bit unsure because of Susan and his feelings for her.
    This is exactly why I think it IS Susan. I took his uncertainty to most likely be a leftover feeling of guilt for hurting Katherine. Plus Mary Alice said when the bells rang and they kissed all doubt disappeared or something like that. I don't think he'd feel that way with anyone else. As for the obstacles, remember we've had a five year jump and the accident was three years ago so they've already suffered obstacles (Jackson, Katherine, the guilt over the accident, etc.). If it's not Susan I'll be very surprised.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

We clearly saw the groom was Mike. Only the bride is in question. Hey, maybe it's Mrs. McCluskey! Seriously, now I'm starting to wonder if it isn't Katherine, given the voice-over that he had some doubts but did it anyway. Nah, it's gotta be Susan. Maybe the big formal church wedding was Susan's idea because the first time they got married, it was a small outdoor ceremony with no guests, wasn't it?

just watched.

i think bree and carl was the best thing of the episode, lol.

i'm tired of katherine too. time for her to move.

so glad the dave story is over.

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh @ lynette being preggers w TWINS!!!

can't wait for the interaction bt gabby and cousin ann a next season.

i think it was susan too.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3453832;
    I agree about Susan. I've always thought that their split up was kind of stupid. And I feel like Katherine's story has been kind of over for a long time now. I mean now that everyone knows the truth about Dylan, why is Katherine even still there? She has no purpose now. Am I the only one who is sick to their stomach about the idea of Bree and Carl???? Ewwwwww.

+ Reply to Thread