+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3454167;
    I was very sorry to see Bree with that sleazy attorney. Ick.

Note they didn't kill off Dave, unfortunately, so there is always the possibly he could escape and terrorize people again. Sigh.

Since Susan has already been married twice, why would she be wearing a white dress and veil in an elaborate wedding ceremony? Here's a thought - Mike is marrying that young sexy relative of Gaby and Carlos! Now she would be just as much a handful as Susan.

Dana (5 foot 7) is JUST taller than Teri (5 foot 6) so my guess is if it isn't some one other than the 2 of them.. its Susan. But then again when Mike kissed susan in the middle of the road she didn't look that much shorter than him (hes only 6 foot 1). there was no way that could have been the cousin (?) of Carlos since they showed Anna in a pew at the wedding and Gabby snaping at her for flirting and telling her to get her eyes forward.

I for one LOVED Bree with Karl.. i think it will give them both what they need. Sher needs to let her hair down a little.. and Karl needs to find a moral under some rock, may as well be Bree. I would like it more if it had NOT been Susan's ex.. yeah everyone bed hopping with her ex's is old (Edie, Bree, Katherine) Come on who is next Mrs. McCluskey?!!
    Last edited by FireWoman; 05-18-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3454192;
    When Lynette told Tom that she was pregnant again with twins, I thought she was going to punch him out. LOL.
    Geez -- has Lynette met Tom? After all these years, she should know that there's no way he'd be responsible with birth control. For a woman who is intelligent, independent, and organized (yet crappy at raising kids -- I'm sure she's taken career aptitude tests, and I doubt that "parent" or "childcare" was anywhere near the top of the list), I find it hard to believe that she still hasn't figured out the ins and outs of preventing pregnancy. It's not rocket science!
    I don't understand why she was making such a big deal out of him going back to school. I think it's great.
    For anyone with a track record of maturity, stability and the ability to stick with a long-term plan -- yeah. However, we're talking flaky Tom who gets all hopped up with a "great" idea, goes into it full-force, and when it's no longer fun -- voilà: he's off to the next "great" idea. The only thing he's stuck with is the marriage -- maybe because no one with half a brain would have him and all those demon-spawn kids he wanted [Lynette] to have and take care of only for as long as he felt it would be fun -- until the next "great" project came along.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3454192;
    When Lynette told Tom that she was pregnant again with twins, I thought she was going to punch him out. LOL. I don't understand why she was making such a big deal out of him going back to school. I think it's great.
    I don't think it was so much of the fact he wanted to go back to school.. it was more on the lines of 'Toms got another wild hair.. lets see where this ends up.' Once she heard about his plan... she agreed it was an amazing idea.

Maybe if Tom had told her about it from the beginning rather than making it sound like a second chance at being Big Man on Campus or reliving his glory days she would have been more understanding. However, he’s not the master communicator and he’s a bit whiney and selfish. It sounds like she has been thru this too many times to really put a lot of stock in to his ideas… she backed him on the pizza place and we see how that ended up.

Lynette may come off as a shrew at times but with 4 kids, a job, her family, running the house, and a child for a husband.. I can see where some of it comes from. I will say she DOES need to lighten up but I think it goes both ways. Her husband needs to think about the bigger picture.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Not only was Lynette probably tired of all Tom's half-baked wild ideas of what to do with his life, but she was put off by his plan to major in Chinese ... like, what good is that? How is that going to help support our family? It was not until he explained the job/career advantages of it that she jumped on board.

Regarding Mike's wedding, I don't think it can be anyone but either Katherine or Susan (my pick), as if I remember correctly, it was only two months after the rescue from Dave. He wouldn't have time to meet anyone new and get married so fast (I hope). I'm trying to remember if there was anyone else from his past, before Susan, it could be. If it's Katherine, I'll really be disappointed. I don't think he was ever in love with her, and it was clear he still had feelings for Susan and vice versa. Their breakup was sort of lame in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3454222;
    Gabby and Carlos' plot line is predictable and boring. I would love to see the twins recast with kids at a healthy weight.
    Juanita and Celia are not twins. Juanita is a couple of years older.

My observations on the finale:

I really hope Dave's storyline is over. It went on waayy too long.

Lynette is still a manipulative b**ch. Why should Tom have had to explain why he was taking Chinese in order for her to have not sabotaged him? It's not her right to go that far to stop him from pursuing going back to school. And I don't think the pizza place was a hair-brained idea that Tom didn't follow through with. The economy slumped and they could no longer afford to keep the place open. Any fun he's ever tried to have, Lynette has been the thorn in his side. He's had a few mid-life breakdowns but it's all due to Lynette and her need to control every little thing he does. I'm sorry but I just do not care for her character at all. And being pregnant with twins again - boring.

There's no way that's not Susan who is marrying Mike. And it's Susan we're talking about so no use trying to reason why she'd be in a white dress.

I like the potential of Bree and Carl. It won't last but it will be fun to watch for a while.

Gaby and the teenager - I think Gaby has finally met her match! But in the end I think she and the girl will wind up becoming close. Maybe not till the end of next season but they will learn from each other.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Okay--I only saw a small portion of the show because I watched Survivor.

But I saw a scene in which Lynette called her doctor and said that her cancer was back.

Did anyone else see that scene?

Because that would most likely preclude her from having children while getting treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3454245;
    Geez -- has Lynette met Tom? After all these years, she should know that there's no way he'd be responsible with birth control. For a woman who is intelligent, independent, and organized (yet crappy at raising kids -- I'm sure she's taken career aptitude tests, and I doubt that "parent" or "childcare" was anywhere near the top of the list), I find it hard to believe that she still hasn't figured out the ins and outs of preventing pregnancy. It's not rocket science!

Not to be defending yet another of their pregnancies but... in last week's episode, they said that they were having sex every day for a month in an attempt to bring their marriage closer. Now, we already know that these are two are a couple of Fertile Myrtles. Even if they do use something regulary to prevent, nothing is 100%, especially with people with extremely cooperative reproductive systems. If could be that the prevention didn't work that time or, in Lynette's exhaustion, one night maybe she failed to insist on it and he's a dude so he could have just been looking to get to the finish line. Who knows. I'm pretty sure a busy career woman with a bunch of exhausting kids would, under normal circumstances, take some sort of precautions but, unless it's directly addressed, we'll never know.

I wish I was happier with the season finale, but it wasn't much to speak of.

Dave's storyline ended up playing the best, with the car crash at the end. At least that was clever. I'm totally over Dave and I hope we don't see him anytime soon, but I'm glad they didn't do the predictable thing and kill off yet another character (anyone do a body count for this show?).

Lynette's pregnancy -- why go there again? And I don't see why they have never even talked about trying to open another restaurant. Before times got bad, they were making money. And they seemed to enjoy it. Making Tom go through another existential crisis is too easy, and kind of tired.

Gabby's "Cousin Oliver" niece seems like a good idea on paper, but I wonder if they'll really do anything interesting with it, other than have scenes where the niece shows Gabby up, again and again, until there is the inevitable catfight, and a devious plot to get rid of her. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm not sure what to think of Bree and Orson. Too much has happened between them for it to be believable that they would even want to be together. I love Kyle McLaughlin and would hate to see him leave the show, but enough is enough. Maybe if Katherine is free, the two of them can hook up.

If that isn't Susan in the wedding dress after what she and Mike went through...well, I won't give up on the show, but it will definitely be a bad sign. I just hope they'll do lots and lots of flashback scenes next season, and show us the time when the show was still great.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-18-2009 at 01:33 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If I were Lynette I'd be on the pill AND insist Tom wear a condom.... No way can they afford to have her, the $$ support of the family out with a set of twins on bedrest....

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3454420;
    Okay--I only saw a small portion of the show because I watched Survivor.
    HAHA! I only saw a small portion of Survivor because I was watching DH.
    But I saw a scene in which Lynette called her doctor and said that her cancer was back. Did anyone else see that scene? Because that would most likely preclude her from having children while getting treatment.
    She assumed her cancer had returned, but her doctor said no, she was pregnant. So if she is both, we don't know that.

I don't think they would take the plot there. More likely it is a complication to fit into Tom's new lifestyle. Tom has some qualification for what Lynette is doing, so perhaps they split the job (I figure Carlos would accommodate them).

+ Reply to Thread