+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3207605;
    you're not the only one ... i was appalled by the whole story line. i felt like they were making fun of her.
    I'm not sure how much of a difference it would really make, but I did read somewhere that they kept the little girl off set, or at least out of the area whenever they were filming people talking about her weight. Of course, not sure how they explained the whole running after the car to her....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3208583;
    I'm not sure how much of a difference it would really make, but I did read somewhere that they kept the little girl off set, or at least out of the area whenever they were filming people talking about her weight. Of course, not sure how they explained the whole running after the car to her....
    There are child advocates on every set where children are present. Their job is to make sure the needs of the child are being served. I feel confident she is being cared for and shielded from any ridicule.

Last edited by shoepie; 09-30-2008 at 02:59 PM.

The only thing I didn't like was Edie's husband. His face looks so plastic and fake. You gotta wonder who he has connections with on WL. Could be Susan. Or maybe it's someone Carlos owes money to. Maybe it's Katherine. Perhaps he's the birth father of Katherine's daughter (who she adopted from whatever country that was. I forget.).
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Regular

The Scavo twins are said to be 16 now, but they sure didn't look 11 last season! And where did their other kids go?
    I really liked Dana Delaney's character last season, so I hope her only role this season isn't to play the part of Bree's sad friend.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3208605;
    There are child advocates on every set where children are present. Their job is to make sure the needs of the child are being served. I feel confident she is being cared for and shielded from any ridicule.
    oh, i have no question about her being cared for on the set. i was just upset that the story line took a "oh, let's laugh at the fat kid that can't run after her mommy's car" turn that it took. that was NOT funny.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3208760;
    oh, i have no question about her being cared for on the set. i was just upset that the story line took a "oh, let's laugh at the fat kid that can't run after her mommy's car" turn that it took. that was NOT funny.
    I don't think we were supposed to be laughing at the poor child. I did laugh at Gaby's absolute horrific parenting skills. You could tell by the look on her face what her idea was. I was thinking, "Oh Gaby don't do it." Then it cuts to her pulling up in the car and telling her daughter that she wants to play a new game. Yeah I laughed. But not at the little girl.

Edie's husband is just plain creepy. I agree the best guess for why he's there is for Susan.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Along with that, CantGetNuf, I also laughed at the fact that Gaby's daughter was just as devious and inventive as she was in that she jumped on the bus and got the better of her mother. That was classic!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3208700;
    The Scavo twins are said to be 16 now, but they sure didn't look 11 last season! And where did their other kids go?
    They looked younger last season and older now, like college kids who are Matt Damon lookalikes with red hair. Me no likee. But then again I never liked Lynette or her storyline, which btw has not seemed to change at all. Kids are way older, but the same old boring problems. Bleh. Hope they don't introduce the little girl as someone who also went through the amazing age-accelerating vortex. At that rate Lynette could end up as a grandmother by the end of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3209044;
    I also laughed at the fact that Gaby's daughter was just as devious and inventive as she was in that she jumped on the bus and got the better of her mother.
    Gabby's fat daughter does not look or act like a 4-year-old, btw. I don't like devious children. I don't buy how Gabby just became a doormat. Given the character we knew before, I would think she'd have more success standing up to her stubborn kid and husband. Doesn't she have another kid? Only one is getting attention.
    Last edited by Harvest; 10-01-2008 at 03:25 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3209593;
    Gabby's fat daughter does not look or act like a 4-year-old, btw. I don't like devious children. I don't buy how Gabby just became a doormat. Given the character we knew before, I would think she'd have more success standing up to her stubborn kid and husband. Doesn't she have another kid? Only one is getting attention.
    I agree that Gabby's plot line is nuts, even for this dark satire. And there is no way either of them would allow their child to become so fat. And shame on that childs mother! She looks about 6 to me but it is difficult to tell because she is so huge.

If you google her Madison Delagarza, the first page that comes up is a teen sight and there are some pics of her, some at a younger age before she became obese. She was cute. Too bad.

The show has jumped the shark.....
    Obama grew up in Hawaii not Chicago

+ Reply to Thread