+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 133 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3248428;
    In the final voice over we hear Mary Alice say that it would be years before Lynette had her family together for breakfast again. This is trying to lead us to believe that Porter goes to jail for a long time. Not buying it. There is another reason. McCloskey and her sister will help solve this in short order. They move the plot very quickly as we saw with the baseball/dance scene.
    Porter took off, which is why Preston filled in during the court hearing. So I think Porter doesn't come back for a while, and maybe by then Preston is off at college or something.

Even if Porter is cleared of the arson/murder charges, he fled while in custody, which leaves him in trouble with the law anyway. He'd have to either stay away, or turn himself in and face jail time for fleeing. (At least in the real world, I don't know if DH will go that route)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3248568;
    Even if Porter is cleared of the arson/murder charges, he fled while in custody, which leaves him in trouble with the law anyway. He'd have to either stay away, or turn himself in and face jail time for fleeing. (At least in the real world, I don't know if DH will go that route)
    That's if anyone ever finds out he fled....

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just got a text alert from E! News saying that ABC has extended this show through season 9.

FORT Newbie

OK, here's my guess on what will happen. I based my guess on things that Dave said about making Mike feel what it's like to have his family taken away. Dave will try to get revenge on Mike by trying to hurt Susan and MJ and this will push Susan and Mike together again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by keithensoma;3248800;
    OK, here's my guess on what will happen. I based my guess on things that Dave said about making Mike feel what it's like to have his family taken away. Dave will try to get revenge on Mike by trying to hurt Susan and MJ and this will push Susan and Mike together again.
    Yes, that seems clear. Mike and Susan will have the on again off again soap plot device.

It is hard to watch those fat children. How could a mother allow that to happen? It is not like it comes without warning. It looked like the oldest had even gained more weight. She is so fat her face is distorted. What a shame.

FORT Regular

Gaby and Carlos were the highlight of this episode to me. Even though they have had a lot of ups and downs throughout the series, it showed that they love each other very much.

I also enjoyed the Bree and Andrew scenes. They have both grown and accept each other as is.

The Dave stuff was kind of a letdown.

FORT Fanatic

Don't forget the voice over said that it would be years before Lynnette and her family were together again at breakfast.

FORT Regular

So we finally found out who Dave's after and why. I had already guessed it, but thought it was too obvious. Not so... the reason was too predictable, and nothing but "meh"...
    I wonder what the right time to get back at Mike would be, according to Dave. . They have dragged this storyline shamelessly.
    The fire episode... nothing special; at time, they showed that Dave was guilty, especially when he got called a hero... not buying it! He's an evil, demented man.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3252300;
    So we finally found out who Dave's after and why. I had already guessed it, but thought it was too obvious. Not so... the reason was too predictable, and nothing but "meh"...
    I wonder what the right time to get back at Mike would be, according to Dave. . They have dragged this storyline shamelessly.
    The fire episode... nothing special; at time, they showed that Dave was guilty, especially when he got called a hero... not buying it! He's an evil, demented man.

But that is every season since they have that one storyline that lasts the season then ends as the season ends.. this time its Dave. Im not thrilled with it, but there is more than enough going on to distract me.

I must admit last night had MANY funny moments where i laughed out loud, and scared the dog lol. LOVE Lee and Susan (thats saying a lot for me because I can't stand Teri Hatcher!!)

Carlos kinda took an odd turn for me, i can understand and respect wanting to 'give back' and all.. but to take a job that is low paying when you have a family to think of is not the best idea... and dont get me wrong im not saying don't do it.. but there is free time and weekends when you can do it and get the whole family involved. I have to admit I sided with Gabby on this one. Maybe not the exact job she 'forced' him in to but one that will pay the gas bill and have food on the table.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 01-05-2009 at 12:14 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread