+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 133 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

After the excitement of the fire episode, I found this past one to be a bit of a let down. The Dave storyline is getting old. They need to get on with it already. Hopefully, Karen McCluskey and her sister will be involved in bringing him down. It would be great to see more of Lily Tomlin.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I'm also a little tired of the Dave story. They need to move it along.

The Gaby/Carlos and Bree/Andrew scenes were so sweet! And I don't see enough of the two gay neighbors. Makes up for the Dave/Lynette nonsense.

I was really appalled at Susan and Mike's kid "MJ" last night. How does Susan just let him get away with that kind of behavior? It was clear that Mike dealt with the situations as they arose, but there's something else going on. As far as the "do we have any shot at all left?" business... wasn't this handled in the divorce lawyer's office as they were signing the final decree? I seem to recall Mike asking Susan if this was truly what she really wanted. Therefore, she can't come back now and change her mind just because he has moved on. She's been banging Jackson for how long now? Seriously.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm not saying they are handling it correctly, but the kid's behavior is not that off the wall for children whose parents have split. They often have a reunion fantasy, even when the parents explicitly discourage it and say it will never happen. So he wasn't behaving all that oddly. This is apparently the first time he's seen his dad take an interest in another woman.

FORT Regular

I found it odd that MJ has no issue with Susan playing house with Jackson, but can't even go bowling with Katherine and Mike.

Wasn't Jackson written out of the script (for personal reasons)? I don't think we will see him again. Perhaps that part of the storyline was changed.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Because of the accident you mean? Yes, but I think he's just been put on hold from what I read--they plan to bring him back.
    I'm trying to recall if the kid did have problems with him... I seem to remember Susan trying to hide him from the kid for a while.

FORT Regular

From what has been shown on screen, Susan and Jackson are still dating. I guess the character will be off screen while the actor recovers though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3246219;
    After the excitement of the fire episode, I found this past one to be a bit of a let down. The Dave storyline is getting old. They need to get on with it already. Hopefully, Karen McCluskey and her sister will be involved in bringing him down. It would be great to see more of Lily Tomlin.
    I am looking forward to this too. It could possibly be the finale cliff hanger, though. Cherry will not make that mistake twice.

Okay, let me get his straight. Susan was the one driving when Dave's apparent wife and daughter were killed. Does he not know this? We were led to believe Mike killed his brother in prison earlier, yes?

Things are falling into place around a male character dying this season. They may consider Dave a main character, lame but an explanation. Evil never survives a soap opera for long. Lynette is onto him.

I enjoy this show mainly because the drama is not a 'knots in the stomach' situation. Outrageous things happen and you can sit back and ejoy it all.

In the final voice over we hear Mary Alice say that it would be years before Lynette had her family together for breakfast again. This is trying to lead us to believe that Porter goes to jail for a long time. Not buying it. There is another reason. McCloskey and her sister will help solve this in short order. They move the plot very quickly as we saw with the baseball/dance scene.

+ Reply to Thread