+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 133 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Last night I bought that Gail O'Grady wasn't pregnant. Now, I'm not so sure. I think she may just have lied to Lynette to throw her off the trail.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3243705;
    Last night I bought that Gail O'Grady wasn't pregnant. Now, I'm not so sure. I think she may just have lied to Lynette to throw her off the trail.
    That is what I am thinking also.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I thought Gaby trying to lose weight before the surgery was funny. I do agree with LG that getting her hair fixed some make up on, and some nice clothes would do it, without her losing a pound. But really, I thought Carlos was just so sweet with his reply when she revealed her insecurities.

Lynette is such a hypocrite. All that talk to Porter about being honest and then she won't tell him the truth about her paying his girlfriend off. Does she honestly think that this is over and he will never find out?

Carlos uses the touch technique. He knows exactly what his family looks like. I guess that's why I found this part of the show, well, quite frankly, more than silly.
    IMO

LG.

I've never been blind, thankfully, but I don't think that the image he has conjured up of his wife and daughter from touching them over the last 5 years is identical to their actual appearance. His daughters could have been blonde or red-heads for all he knew (which would have left Gabby some explaining to do )
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think Carlos would have noticed the three chins each of his daughters has.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3244808;
    Lynette is such a hypocrite. All that talk to Porter about being honest and then she won't tell him the truth about her paying his girlfriend off. Does she honestly think that this is over and he will never find out?
    Yes, Lynette did lie, but I don't think it's necessarily hypocritical. If Porter were to lie about starting the fire, he would be lying to protect himself from the consequences of a criminal action. Lynette's lie wasn't to protect herself. Lynette's lie was to protect Porter from a destructive, harmful, criminal relationship. If Lynette lies to Tom about what she did, then it's hypocritical because she's lying to avoid the consequences of Tom being mad at her.

I suppose it's like if my friend was an alcoholic, wanted a drink, and asked me if I had any alcohol in the house. I might lie to him and tell him that there's none because I want him to be healthy. Yes it's a lie, but it's a lie told to protect someone else.

From a moral perspective, I see the two types of lies as different. They are both "wrong", but I think Lynette has reasonable justifications that make her lie not quite as wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn;3245564;
    Yes, Lynette did lie, but I don't think it's necessarily hypocritical. If Porter were to lie about starting the fire, he would be lying to protect himself from the consequences of a criminal action. Lynette's lie wasn't to protect herself. Lynette's lie was to protect Porter from a destructive, harmful, criminal relationship. If Lynette lies to Tom about what she did, then it's hypocritical because she's lying to avoid the consequences of Tom being mad at her.

I suppose it's like if my friend was an alcoholic, wanted a drink, and asked me if I had any alcohol in the house. I might lie to him and tell him that there's none because I want him to be healthy. Yes it's a lie, but it's a lie told to protect someone else.

From a moral perspective, I see the two types of lies as different. They are both "wrong", but I think Lynette has reasonable justifications that make her lie not quite as wrong.
    While I'm more of a Lynette fan than most people, I think they really are stretching her credibility with this latest development. Her son already committed arson once, and even before she asked him if he started the club fire, she told Tom that she was going to protect her son at all costs. This means that, even though she believed Porter may have been responsible for all those deaths, she was ready to hide him from the police. Even her speech when she confronted him was kind of lame, something like "murder is very very wrong, you know that right?"

Still, I think Felicity Huffman acted it all very well, especially that moment where she paused before telling Porter she didn't know where his lover was. It may not have made Lynette look very good, but it was honestly acted.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3245481;
    I think Carlos would have noticed the three chins each of his daughters has.
    Only three? Yeah -- my thoughts exactly. If he has any sense of touch, I'm sure he has a good idea as to how his bloated belles look.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think if he ever lifted them up onto his lap he could know that they were rather heavy. Maybe hernia-inducing heavy.

+ Reply to Thread