+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

MFWalkoff - I'm not maddened by the spoiler tags, but I was just thinking how difficult they make it to read the posts when I got to yours ... and had to laugh! I didn't see Sunday's episode so I guess I'm way behind (especially since I've only been watching about a season and a half, so all the previous stuff is unknown to me). I'll have to find it online (along with a couple other shows I've missed this week) before Sunday...

Why is it that a lot of the shows I want to watch come on at the same time as other shows I want to watch? And why don't I have TiVo?
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

FORT Fanatic

I seem to recall reading a long time ago that a male character from the show will be killed off - after all, it's the November sweeps!

I still think it's very risky for them to do this episode given the Station Nightclub disaster. Yeah, it was 7 years ago, but things are still getting settled and you know it's still fresh in a lot of people's minds. I think it might be a little construde as being insensitive. JMHO
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3234948;
    I still think it's very risky for them to do this episode given the Station Nightclub disaster. Yeah, it was 7 years ago, but things are still getting settled and you know it's still fresh in a lot of people's minds. I think it might be a little construde as being insensitive. JMHO
    I know where your coming from Nilesgirl, but the thing is there are tornados, earthquakes, fires, ferry boat crashes, bridge collapses, terminal illnesses, and all sort of other disasters that people die from everyday. If a tv show can't recreate any of these things for fear of offending people who have been affected by them then all of the characters would live happily ever after and we'd all be out geocaching instead of watching boring tv.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I'm not saying they can't, I just think it's still a little too soon.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3235120;
    I know where your coming from Nilesgirl, but the thing is there are tornados, earthquakes, fires, ferry boat crashes, bridge collapses, terminal illnesses, and all sort of other disasters that people die from everyday. If a tv show can't recreate any of these things for fear of offending people who have been affected by them then all of the characters would live happily ever after and we'd all be out geocaching instead of watching boring tv.
    I agree. And even if there was a waiting period, seven years is plenty.

Nilesgirl
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Yes, arson is the reason for the fire which leads us to Dave trying to murder Mike. We don't know if, another man dies instead though. I could see Orson dying easily. Bree's character needs some freedom from that marriage or she will get stale. Mike has some plot potential with Susan. Soaps always have a long standing on again off again couple a la Luke and Laura. I am not sure I have those names right because I don't watch soaps but it was in the air everywhere.

I sense a "....to be continued" episode tonight. I would put money on it. The show will end with everyone looking shocked, sad and stunned and maybe someone yelling "Oh my god!!". The hour can be easily fillled with other plot lines progressing. The doctor flying to Dave, Julie returning home with a much older boyfriend, Katherine/Mike affair, Carlos getting fired from the Country club. Lots of stuff before the fire that night.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3235141;
    I sense a "....to be continued" episode tonight. I would put money on it.
    Looking ahead on the tv schedule, there is no DH next Sunday. (Not altogether a bad thing since it is the two hour season premier of 24.) Tonight isn't the DH season finale is it? (she asked in horror)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3235157;
    Looking ahead on the tv schedule, there is no DH next Sunday. (Not altogether a bad thing since it is the two hour season premier of 24.) Tonight isn't the DH season finale is it? (she asked in horror)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    No, they have a way to go. Carlos has to get his sight back and Gabby her figure.
    Last edited by dagwood; 11-16-2008 at 10:06 PM.

FORT Fogey

There are two preview clips out.

We see the fire start in a room with a man lying on the floor on his back, unconcious; we only see his legs.

There is chaos, Susan screams that Jackson is in the bathroom. We see Jackson in there trying to get out the door but it is locked. Mike goes to his rescue and we see him open the padlock latch that has closed to prevent his escape but not with the lock in place, just the piece that swings across to accomodate it. Mike goes in but Jackson has escaped, presumably out the window. Mike succumbs to the smoke and falls to the floor.

We see Edie and others banging on the door for Mike but they cannot open the door. It appears to be locked from the inside. ???

Part of the promo is to0 dark to see and there is some action going on of pushing and shoving. So that may be more shenanigans.

I am going to guess the man lying on his back at the begining of the promo is the doctor. Dave had to get him out of the way and perhaps set the fire to kill only him but another managed to perish. ???

Well so far most everyone has gotten out, except
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Mike and Dave (other than the doctor, who is crispy by now).

Could be one of them, but I wonder if
    Click to see Spoiler:
    someone else will run back in to try and save them and buy it instead
    ... we'll see in a few minutes...

If they make this a cliffhanger and make us wait 2 weeks, I'm going to scream!

EDIT AFTER SHOW:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Well that was a crock. Dave came out, then went back in and saved Mike, telling him "I'm not through with you yet." So everyone in the main cast is okay, although in the preview Tom said that 6 people died in the fire. Hmm...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-16-2008 at 11:01 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread