+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 133 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives (Season 5)

Well, she's meant to be "fat" by her old standards. Remember when she was pregnant and got all freaked out that she couldn't wear her size zero dresses, way back when?
    I'm totally not saying she's fat by anyone else's standards!

I'll conceed that by her standards and only hers. Because she still looks quite good, to us!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by whatsyourrealit;3230467;
    I think they did an awesome job making gabby appear to be fat and ugly like but when u see her on the red carpet its a different story. I thnk this plot is a good one to get her back to her fabulous self again. than she'll be cheating on carlos again in no time lol
    She said she cut her hair for the show. The cut is not a fabulous one and it looks tortured into position when she is doing the red carpet. At some point this season we are going to see a transition back to her old self and I bet she is going to get her hair cut again in a more stylish bob.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3231690;
    At some point this season we are going to see a transition back to her old self
    Perhaps she goes back into modeling and Carlos is stay-at-home-dad looking after the brats and being taken advantage of by them after she arranges for his firing?

I gather as part of Dave's probation he is supposed to stay away from Fairview?

Possible spoiler on Carlos.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Episode 5.10: A Vision's Just a Vision
    Airdate: December 7, 2008

11/03 - When Carlos regains his sight, Gaby will expect him to return them to the baller lifestyle they once led, but the big C has other plans... philanthropic plans which don't include designer shopping or trips to Paris. Source: Zap2It's Korbi TV

10/30 - Carlos is unblinded by episode 10. Source: Kristin on E!Online
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3231692;
    I gather as part of Dave's probation he is supposed to stay away from Fairview?
    Ah ha. Thanks. I didn't pick up on that. Now it makes sense that the Dr. is traveling there and looked quite worried.

Melitta, yes, I read that too. There are a lot of spoilers out for this show; a bunch plot points all the way through this season. I am fine with reading spoilers on this show, on others, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pride Mom;3207559;
    Just have to vent! I'm usually over at the Bachelor(ette) and a little Survivor and BB, so I hope you'll all indulge me here!

I was outraged by the storyline with Gabby's daughter! What about the little actress playing Juanita? Where are her real life parents to allow this? In an era where obesity in children is a national crisis, I get the link to that--but at whose expense? There is no way that little girl didn't pick up on what story was going on around her, even if a good amount of the dialogue took place out of her earshot. And to have her chase after a car? Gabby would have been arrested in the real world!

Sorry, but there are lots of ways this could have been handled and this isn't one of them. Every single woman I talked to/emailed today was horrified. Many turned it off and won't watch again.

Am I/are we alone in our disgust? What am I missing here that makes this okay?
    [mod edit]

i didn't know how i was going to feel abt the 5 yr jump at first, but i am settling into it now.
    Last edited by Mariner; 11-10-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Regarding the Carlos spoiler...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I figured as much after seeing the preview of him hitting his head on the floor.

I love Lily Tomlin in the role of McClusky's sister. Those two are great together!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3231893;
    Regarding the Carlos spoiler...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I figured as much after seeing the preview of him hitting his head on the floor.

I love Lily Tomlin in the role of McClusky's sister. Those two are great together!
    My tivo cut out before the preview finished. So is next week episode 10 already?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3231900;
    My tivo cut out before the preview finished. So is next week episode 10 already?
    I'm not sure what week it is. In the preview,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there is a fire in Tom's warehouse. Carlos and Mike take a fall to the floor. Also, the woman screwing around with Porter(can't remember her name)is overheard by her husband telling Lynette that she's pregnant and the old creepy broad makes Carlos and Gaby her sole heirs.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread