+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1325
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives

This is awful news! I was really hoping she would beat it. I saw Kathryn on tv a few months ago and she seemed so upbeat and determined!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cancer is such a disgusting and devastating disease. I just watched her final performance on DH this afternoon. She was adorable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so sad. She seemed to be beating it. What a great actress and a great lady. At least she got to work up until the end. and what a way to finish an acting career.

Now I want to go back and start watching the first 2 seasons of The West Wing... RIP.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

That is so sad. I just loved her character and her acting.
    cablejockey likes this.

Odd how forshadowing her character dying of cancer was. I wonder if Katherine knew & asked for her character to go that way in the end.
    So sad. I wish her family & friends comfort.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I, too, had really hoped she'd beat it. She played such great tough characters, you just had to feel that there was a lot of her in them.
    cablejockey and ilja like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

So sad to hear the news. She was a great actress.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Cancer is such a disgusting and devastating disease. I just watched her final performance on DH this afternoon. She was adorable.
    Cancer is a mean disease. It doesn't care who you are, how old you are, who depends on you in life, who loves you. It choses you seemingly at random & makes you suffer. And makes everyone you care about miserable.
    I've recently (within the last year) seen way too many people suffer & die of this awful disease. The ages ranged from young to old, some with their whole life ahead of them as teens, very small children at home, new marriages, & one about to retire & "enjoy life".
    It just makes me angry & depressed at the same time.
    cablejockey and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Somehow, the finale didn't get recorded for me. I finally figured out that I should watch it online.
    Finished it today....wept big fat tears about Mrs. McClousky, since Katherine had just died.
    I loved how TPTB handled the whole thing...all seemed like a plausible ending for the neighbors and it made me sad to see friendships end.
    I had really enjoyed seeing Orson Bean on the show....although it always saddened me to see him so old....he was so witty and funny on many tv shows.
    I'm also glad that the show ended without it dying a slow death.
    Shoepie likes this.

I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread