+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120121122123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1325
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't remember most of these people. Can anyone put the names under the photos and explain who they were!!??? I watched every show too.
    Pic 1: Mike Delfino
    Pic 2: Karen McClusky and ???? (child)
    Pic 3: Mona Clarke, the nurse who was hit by the plane that killed Karl; Bree's pharmacist boyfriend George Williams; Carlos' mother Juanita Solis
    Pic 4: Karl Meyer; Ellie Leonard, Carlos & Gaby's boarder; Nora, mother of Tom's daughter Kayla (shot in the supermarket)
    Pic 5: Rex, Bree's first husband; Beth, Paul Young's 2nd wife (suicide); Lillian Simms, owner of the house Mike first rented, then who died while staying with Katherine (she was there the night Dylan was crushed by the dresser)
    Pic 6: Alma Hodge, Orson's previous wife who came back; Martha Huber, killed by Paul Young season 1; ???? (man)
    Pic 7: Mary Alice Young, who narrated the whole series
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I liked the Finale a lot. I broke down in tears quite a few times.
    A few things missing: The lack of Edie among the ghosts stood out like a sore thumb, althought the reason is obvious. Also, with Tom/Lynette & Carlos/Gabi & their living the high life clips, I liked that, but What on earth happened to their kids????? Both couples had young children & those endings just didn't seem fair to the kids.
    The Susan end I actually liked a lot. All through the series she has been helpless & dependant on & desperate for a man in her life. I liked that she & Julie were going off to live their lives as independant women without having to have a man, unless it happens naturally.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I was channel surfing between DH and Survivor last evening. I missed the final court scenes. I saw Renee but what happened with Gaby and Karen that got everyone off the hook (including what should have been obstruction of justice charges)?

Bawled my eyes out during the "Wonderful" scenes of Karen dying, Julie's baby being born, and festivites during the wedding reception.

Speaking of which, did they ever show Ben and Renee actually getting married? ;^)

Overall I think I'm satisfied with the conclusion.
    Karen told Trip (Bree's lawyer) that she wanted to testify that Renee was sloshed out of her mind so couldn't have possibly seen Bree with the shovel. However, when Trip put Karen on the witness stand, she announced that she saw Gabby's stepfather attacking her, knew that he had abused her as a child, and that she was the one who picked up the candlestick and killed the SOB! The prosecutor doubted that Karen had the strength to do that, but Karen said it was the power of adrenaline! They did not press charges against Karen due to her age and health condition. Gabby didn't have to say a word, although she marched in there and was ready to say that she killed her stepfather, but Karen had already "confessed." The charges were dropped against Bree.

No, I don't think they showed the actual wedding ceremony of Ben and Renee.

I, too, thought the way they juxtaposed the scenes of Karen dying and Julie's baby being born was very moving.

Thanks AlwaysVeg! That wouldn't have been possible if Karen was at hospice, and she might not have been inclined anyway if the girls hadn't befriended her at the end.

I enjoyed it also. Even though the series had lost a lot of its steam in the last few seasons, it was a satisfying ending. I didn't mind Tom and Lynette going to NY, or Gabby and Carlos taking off to California. I'm a sucker for happy endings, so...yeah. It was good to see Susan stand on her own two feet, and I thought Bree would make a fabulous politician with all the skeletons in her closet. Why not?

I also cried like a big baby several times. Sheesh.
    Shoepie and Katydyd like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

I forgot ... did they say why Gabby and Carlos went to California? I guess the one thing I wished for was that somehow they would get back their biological daughter.

She had her own spot on the home shopping network, I guess they had to be out there to film?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    She had her own spot on the home shopping network, I guess they had to be out there to film?
    The funny thing is, the real Home Shopping Network studios are in Florida, and QVC's are in Pennsylvania. But L.A. actually sounds more believable.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I haven't watched the show in years, but I tuned in for the last hour or so.

So, we saw Bree's future as a politician, Gabrielle and Carlos start a successful business, Lynette and Tom move to NYC and, improbably, by an apartment on Central Park and Susan........ drove around the block? I guess the implication was that she and the kids were happy, but I thought that was pretty thin compared to the other stories.

I liked that Mary Alice got the last shot onscreen (no pun intended) of all the "housewives."
    Shoepie, ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The funny thing is, the real Home Shopping Network studios are in Florida, and QVC's are in Pennsylvania. But L.A. actually sounds more believable.
    There is a QVC in West Chester, Pa. My husband works in the corporate park next to it. Can't picture Gaby living in this area! haha!

+ Reply to Thread