+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Re: Desperate Housewives

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Really? We've seen nothing about his career, so we don't know that (and I don't recall any episodes at any time showing him as more successful because he can speak Chinese),
    As I said, he seems to be doing quite well. And the issue with his learning Chinese was that Lynette was bitching (quelle surprise) that he was just goofing around and having fun. He had to point out to her that learning Chinese was a sound business move - she didn't get that without his explaining it to her. I believe that it turned out that learning Chinese was a hell of a lot more difficult than he anticipated it to be, but that is irrelevant. Learning Chinese would be, in fact, something an ambitious business person would want to do.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I DON'T WANT IT TO END!!! EVER!!! DH and I have loved this show since the biginning and I DON'T WANT IT TO END. EVER!!!! Crap. (Can I say "crap' without getting in trouble?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    As I said, he seems to be doing quite well. And the issue with his learning Chinese was that Lynette was bitching (quelle surprise) that he was just goofing around and having fun. He had to point out to her that learning Chinese was a sound business move - she didn't get that without his explaining it to her. I believe that it turned out that learning Chinese was a hell of a lot more difficult than he anticipated it to be, but that is irrelevant. Learning Chinese would be, in fact, something an ambitious business person would want to do.
    In his spare time, maybe. An ambitious business person would not, in my opinion, quit his job to make learning Chinese his full-time occupation. Neither would a good husband and father with umpteen children to support.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The only thing I've read is that it started with Mary Alice and ends with Mary Alice. I didn't spoiler it because it gives nothing away. It could mean anything..lol.
    Yes, this could mean several things. One senario is that we see Mary Alice dead with those of the neighborhood who have died and joined her advancing the plot. We talked about this. It could also simply mean since she is the narrator it ends with her talking about everyone's lives. She was never alive on the show so she will not be present unless Cherry chooses to actually show her in an afterlife type setting.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Tom has pretty much annoyed me since day one. True, Lynette often treated him like a child, but that's mainly because he acts like one. She's indulged all his whims ... the pizza parlor, going back to school, etc. ... none of which worked out. Jane is a major manipulator, and he doesn't even realize it. He's no prize...

My thoughts exactly. But I'm hoping they DON'T get back together. Lynette can do better. She needs to let go of the past by first seeing it realistically. He hasn't changed a bit, and his immature, irresponsible impulsiveness ó and lack of any sort of ability to finish anything he starts, with the sole exception of knocking her up ó will drive her up the wall again in no time.
    mindy384 likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I like how things are wrapping up here. Only two more shows to the finale and that is in May. There is really no need to drag it out that far. I like this show but it isn't that good.

FORT Fogey

No new episode until April 29. I'm not anticipating anything great. With only two episodes left, they haven't built up to anything mind-blowing. Obviously there's trouble in Tom-Jane paradise, and she sees he has feelings for Lynette. Bree's new lawyer will get her cleared and possibly be a love interest for the future that the audience will never see. Susan will be a grandma, and Gabby will either quit her job or she won't. The only question is whether Carlos will be charged with murder, and if he is, I can't see him being sent to jail, so he'll probably get off the same way he would have if they'd reported it in the first place. So what's left that's so exciting? Renee gets married? That's nice. YAWN!

Lynette is so manipulative. Hasn't she learned anything from he separation? The whole candlelight thing and then the cake....why doesn't she do what a normal person would and just sit down and have a heart to heart with Tom and let him know how she feels?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I think she was taking Renee's (bad) advice to go the sex route. I've never been a Tom fan anyway, so I don't know if an intelligent heart-to-heart would have gotten anywhere with him. Lynette certainly has her faults, but I think she can do better than that overgrown child.

I'm still pissed over Mike's demise.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Lynette is so manipulative. Hasn't she learned anything from he separation? The whole candlelight thing and then the cake....why doesn't she do what a normal person would and just sit down and have a heart to heart with Tom and let him know how she feels?

A heart to heart would work in a serious drama but this is far from that. This show is not to be taken seriously.

+ Reply to Thread