+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 133 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1325
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Last weekl: Ben's business is going under. Mike stopped him from taking money from a loan shark with a suitcase of money in his office and in a conversation, unrelated, mentioned that Renee got 12 million in her divorce. That brings you to date on wanting to marry her for her money and taking the suitcase from the loan shark in the car last night. I see how the character of Ben will exit this show!

The Bree storyline is not at all interesting. Cherry is grabbing at straws as he ends this series. It never equaled the first episode; to bad he didn't get the gist of a cliff hanger soon enough.

I am very interested in how he is going to wrap this up.
    Thanks, Shoepie! Whatever Cherry has in mind for the ending of this series, so far it is not obvious at all. Has there been any revelation or even a hint about who killed Det. Vance?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Anyone else think the real eye opener for Bree would have been if her "tart" had been tasteless? That's where I thought they were heading with the Bake Sale!
    I did. I was also sorta expecting either that tart or Ryan Mathison's wife's cupcakes to end up on someone...lol...

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Has there been any revelation or even a hint about who killed Det. Vance?
    no...but I think it was whoever was/is sending the notes to Bree. But...wondering who could that be? Her son?

I'm curious to see where they go with Bree. Nobody plays crazy like Marcia Cross. Maybe they could have a scene where she's sitting in front of her mirror getting ready to go out trolling for another one night stand, and she whips off her wig and....hmmm. Nevermind Still, I do agree this season is definitely about the Housewives defining themselves and showing some actual growth. I'd like to see Lynette and Tom get back together. She's clearly no saint, but Tom was far from perfect as well. Gabby seems to be really coming into her own and learning to rely on her inner strength and smarts as opposed to just her looks. As for Susan, well, she started out a disaster in this whole situation, but I agree with whoever posted that she handled the end very well. She was actually, dare I say, mature in dealing with the daughter...and the mom. Of course that new found maturity will probably fly out the window when her own daughter comes home preggers
    FireWoman likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by katydyd View Post
    ...nobody plays crazy like Marcia Cross. Maybe they could have a scene where she's sitting in front of her mirror getting ready to go out trolling for another one night stand, and she whips off her wig and....
    Oh, yeah!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Remember when Lynette pushed Tom into taking that high position job (the one he still supposedly has)? That's when their marriage started to unravel because it was always work, work, work for him (remember she showed up on the company jet just to spend time with him?).

IF he still has the same job (which I assume he does), how come all of a sudden he has all this free time? To fly to Paris and meet Penny at the park in the middle of the afternoon for a game of catch? Seems to me, their marriage should be fine now cuz of all his sudden 'free' time?

FORT Fogey

All the men seemed to be taking a backseat (more than usual) last night ... no Tom, no Carlos, very little Mike. Only Ben had a few scenes.

I too thought we would see people suddenly spitting out Bree's tart at the bake sale because it was awful! Bree is so proud of her cooking skills and to see them fail might have snapped her out of her downward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I too thought we would see people suddenly spitting out Bree's tart at the bake sale because it was awful! Bree is so proud of her cooking skills and to see them fail might have snapped her out of her downward spiral.
    When I saw her drinking heavily while baking, I thought the same thing.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryansmom View Post
    I did. I was also sorta expecting either that tart or Ryan Mathison's wife's cupcakes to end up on someone...lol...
    YEs, I was expecting that as well---that the tarts would be no good and that those cupcakes, being carried at "chest" level as the old Bree would say, would go flying.

+ Reply to Thread