+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 133 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1325
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Desperate Housewives

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Desperate Housewives

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    speaking of 6 feet under, wasn't the wife of the step dad from 6 feet? Wasn't she married to the corpse artist that worked there?

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    I recognized her from ER. She was Dr. Weaver's girlfriend.
    I just knew her from various guest spots on many, many shows I watch.. Didn't recall her from ER however. I did stop watching in about the 3rd to last season.. or even before.. did Kerry have another GF after the firefighter? I want to say she died or something and there was issues with her "mother-in-law" and the baby because of the relationship not being what the courts termed as conventional/legal.

And I know its been said many times before here... but, gawd, Susan is so stupid. Giving the woman a check?!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was thinking Bree got the letter because she is for sure the only one living alone, so you can be sure she is the one who will open it.
    combatcutie, Brooks and Shoepie like this.

The Susan plots continue to be beyond ridiculous.

Gaby and Lynette appear to have just made definite inroads in maturing, and doing so without men, so I'm wondering if that could be a theme for this last season.
    cablejockey and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I just knew her from various guest spots on many, many shows I watch.. Didn't recall her from ER however. I did stop watching in about the 3rd to last season.. or even before.. did Kerry have another GF after the firefighter? I want to say she died or something and there was issues with her "mother-in-law" and the baby because of the relationship not being what the courts termed as conventional/legal.

And I know its been said many times before here... but, gawd, Susan is so stupid. Giving the woman a check?!
    Maybe I'm mistaken. I was thinking she was Kerry's girlfriend, but maybe she must have played another character on ER. I check IMDB and she was on ER, she played Claudia Diaz.

I never had anything against Susan. I've enjoyed her storylines. But this season I just want to reach in & smack her. First her behavior with the other Housewives regarding the death & burial. Then the abuse she took at the hands of the art instructor. Then the confession picture. I still find that the most ridiculously stupid thing I've seen. Now hunting down the dead man's family & writing a personal check with all her info on it & then as good as telling the daughter that she(Susan) has made sure the man is gone for good.
    This is just stupidity beyond belief. It's not funny & not interesting, just irritating.
    I can't figure out why the other women are ostricizing Bree, but not Susan. Susan's putting a neon "guilty" sign on all of them.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I thought Susan showed maturity in this episode, big time. She handled the daughter very well and made her feel good, helped them with money and let go of her angst. I have always liked Susan's character because she rounded out the personalities. Cherry had to have many different traits to work with to make it interesting. She has never bothered me. I just see her as representing another way of being in the world. Terry Hatcher is one fabulous, beautiful woman.

I see this show as the satire that it is intended to be, and not bothered by the absurdity.

Maybe I need to take another look at the satire aspect.
    I've always enjoyed it before, but this season the fun seems to have gone out of the show. I think the subject matter is a little too serious & dark.
    Even last night's girls' night out with Bree & Renee' (always good for some laughs) took a dark turn with Bree not having fun, but rather turning very non-Bree-like in a dangerous way.
    I'll have to adjust my view back to satire. Either that or the show needs to lighten up.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I have to agree...Bree...going home with a stranger...going to have obviously totally unprotected sex in the pool with said stranger...yikes, no wonder AIDS cases are up in female baby boomers and senior citizens. And Bree drinking.... Hopefully this scare will put the brakes on some of this insanity.
    Gaby should have just invited Lynette to come to dinner with them... maybe introduced her as one of their experts currently on maternity leave or something, as long as she was going to lie anyway. But then no one would have "learned" anything (at the cost of a 90 million dollar account---that's enough to set Carlos' rehab back a bit!).
    I do think there is some kind of series end message of the who needs men to lean of if we have each other, though I'm sure the men will all return at the end....if only for the rolls in the hay. Of course it looks to me like Ben's ploy will be discovered eventually so at least one woman may have her heart broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Maybe I need to take another look at the satire aspect.
    I've always enjoyed it before, but this season the fun seems to have gone out of the show. I think the subject matter is a little too serious & dark.
    Even last night's girls' night out with Bree & Renee' (always good for some laughs) took a dark turn with Bree not having fun, but rather turning very non-Bree-like in a dangerous way.
    I'll have to adjust my view back to satire. Either that or the show needs to lighten up.
    I had to give up. I loved the dark humor when it started, now when I watch it, its seems ludicrous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Either that or the show needs to lighten up.
    I agree...the show now is VERY different from even just a couple years ago. It used to be a lot funnier. Watching the last two seasons, I truly believe this show is ready to be over and has run it's course.

I'll pop in the dvd (since my family buys me the newest season every Christmas for some reason?) and relive the good ole days.....

+ Reply to Thread