+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poker After Dark/ High Stakes Poker

Poker After Dark/ High Stakes Poker

I didn't see a thread about this and have recently become addicted to watching these shows. They are on at about 1 a.m. Tues -Sun morning CST. I have finally learned who a lot of the pros are and am taking notes on their play.

Poker after Dark: (NBC)
    My dream table to watch: Phil Hellmuth, Mike Matasow, Sean 'Shieky', Gabe Smith, Sam Farha, and Jamie Gold. Way too much drama but lots of fun.

High Stakes Poker: (GSN)
    Revolving door on any of the above, along with revolving door on these: Daniel Negreanu, Doyle Brunson, Jennifer Harmon, Gus Hanson, Phil Laak, Barry Greenfield (?), Eli Eleasra (?), Sammy Farha, and new players as I learn them.

Anyone else watch these shows??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Poker After Dark/ High Stakes Poker

I watch, but I like your second group of players MUCH better than the first. I learn more from them and I don't enjoy the antics of the first group.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watch High Stakes sometimes. I enjoy the show.

Wow, with that cast I wouldn't like Poker After Dark. That list includes almost every player I can't stand.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I wouldn't be watching for poker tips, I'd be watching for explosions ...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3140137;
    I wouldn't be watching for poker tips, I'd be watching for explosions ...
    when ive watched.. and mind you i am not always up to see them, im a WSP kinda girl... its more friendly of a game and the exchanges are more good natured. I do like them when i watch, and Brunson is on a lot.. and who can't love a legened like him!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I've seen Sammy have a confrontation with Shieky, and everyone have one with Matusow. Gabe Smith was getting a little in his cups when he won the Poker After Dark golf show. I love how Doyle just sits back and smiles.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3137414;
    Revolving door on any of the above, along with revolving door on these: Daniel Negreanu, Doyle Brunson, Jennifer Harmon, Gus Hanson, Phil Laak, Barry Greenfield (?), Eli Eleasra (?), Sammy Farha, and new players as I learn them.
    Barry Greenstein and Eli Elezra

Never been a fan (at all) Of Jennifer Harmon or Daniel (hes a twerp to me). I do have my moments of Sharhram "Sheiky" Sheikhan where i like him then i dont. But i think in the end the ones i do out number the ones where i dont.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3142401;
    I've seen Sammy have a confrontation with Shieky, and everyone have one with Matusow. Gabe Smith was getting a little in his cups when he won the Poker After Dark golf show. I love how Doyle just sits back and smiles.
    Doyle is class I just love that man.

My dream Final Table would be him, Greg Raymer, Chris Ferguson, Annie Duke (I love that woman), Phil Laak, Phil Ivey, Gus Hansen, Phil Gordan, and TJ Cloutier, Paul Wasicka or Johnny Chan. And myself, lol, I am sure i'd be out on the first hand but it would be fun to say i was there.

And im sorry who is Gabe Smith.. I know Gabe Kaplan is on one of them.. Poker After Dark I think. Maybe Gavin Smith? hehe
    Last edited by FireWoman; 07-24-2008 at 12:03 AM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

It was Gavin Smith. I thought Phil, Daniel, and Doyle were pissed at Gavin on that series of shows because he kept interrupting with comments that had nothing to do with what they were talking about and he was getting drunk. Kind of embarrassing that Gavin is Canadian. Oh well, all Canadians can't be nice people we have to have our drunks and skanks (Pamela Anderson) around to show the contrast.

I love the Poker After Dark shows. I've seen every episode at least 2 or 3 times. I tend to watch it on Sportsnet in the afternoon if I can catch it and then the 3 am NBC showing if I wake up in the middle of the night. Weird I know but I love watching poker on TV. I don't get GSN or I'm sure I'd watch it there too. I watch the WPT tournaments on CityTV too and the PPT when that was on.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

My dream table would be David Benyamine, Phil Hellmuth, Jennifer Tilly, Joe Hachem, Daniel Negreanu, and Kirk Morrison. I don't play well enough to sit at the table but I wouldn't mind being the commentator.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Poker After Dark:
    Is anyone watching this this season?? I absolutely loved Cory Z(?) needling Phil Hellmuth into bad play (even though according to Phil he played it brilliantly). Loved that Phil Gordon won, and I was rooting for Mikey (Mike Matusow) the previous week. He's taken enough abuse from the others about never winning an After Dark tourney.
    Last edited by mom2; 01-10-2009 at 05:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast