+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flashpoint--CBS, Fridays

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Flashpoint--CBS, Fridays

Did anyone else see this? I watched because of "Veronica Mars' dad" being on it. Thought the hostage situation was well done, but at the end seemed to be turning into a fairly predictable thing about whether it was a good shoot or not, and whether the shooter would be hung up about it. I was also a little frustrated that we never found out why the hostage taker shot his wife (?) (although I assume it was the usual guy thing, about you can't leave me, I'll kill you rather than let you walk away that winds up killing so many abused women) and what he was asking for when he was shouting.
    I liked the woman sniper---can't recall where I've seen her before...in some younger demographic show I think...

Re: Flashpoint--CBS, Fridays

I know she was in Felicity, and some other things.

I liked it enough - but there are a lot of unanswered questions in the whole situation. I will give it some time and see how it develops.

I did not watch it, but I did record it and will take a look to see it's worth watching for me. My instinct tells me it won't be nearly as good as Criminal Minds and Numb3rs, same network, same genre shows, but I will get around to giving it a shot.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

I gave it a try because it is a Canadian show. It was okay - not thrilling but not bad. I can see the sniper thing getting stale, however - how many ways can it play out, really?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I missed it but think it's on the schedule tonight at 10pm EST. Must be a rerun of the premiere.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

CBS is giving it a second chance on Sunday to try and find an audience cause Friday is a killer night for shows. I enjoyed it but I'd rather they focus more on the police stuff and less on the family stuff. It's a CTV (Canadian) production that CBS picked up during the writers strike so I'll give it chance just for that reason.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I possibly enjoy it more than the rest of you because I have had a HUGE crush on Hugh Dillon (bald married sniper) for years, but enjoy it I do. I do hope it picks up the pace a little, though.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3126696;
    I liked the woman sniper---can't recall where I've seen her before...in some younger demographic show I think...
    Oh yeah. She was a POWER RANGER too.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3128999;
    CBS is giving it a second chance on Sunday to try and find an audience cause Friday is a killer night for shows.
    It actually did very well on Friday night:

Canadian Flashpoint No. 1 in U.S.; producer 'shocked'
    GAYLE MACDONALD

July 14, 2008

More than eight million Americans tuned in for the season premiere of the Canadian-made police drama Flashpoint on CBS Friday night, making it the night's top-rated program in overall U.S. households. This far surpassed the expectations of the network and its Toronto-based producers.

"It's just totally crazy. Nobody predicted this," the show's co-producer Bill Mustos said yesterday from the editing suite. "I'm as shocked as everybody else. I'm just numb."

The 13-part series about a SWAT-like team of elite cops drew 8.13 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research, and also ranked first with adults aged 25 to 54, and adults 18 to 49.

The network said Flashpoint - which stars Enrico Colantoni (Veronica Mars), Hugh Dillon (Durham County) and Amy Jo Johnson (Felicity) - was its best showing in the time slot since May 16 for the season finale of CBS's popular Numb3rs, starring Judd Hirsch.

The show, shot in Toronto, is also broadcast on CTV at the same time. Canadian audience data is expected today.

Its opening-night performance flies in the face of many U.S. critics who were largely tepid in their reviews of the program, the first Canadian-made drama to be picked up for simulcast in the States since Due South 14 years ago.

In recent weeks, many American television writers have brayed that CBS is not really "behind" the drama since it slotted Flashpoint in the summer (when many viewers tune out) and on Friday nights. Yesterday, Mustos said the Nielsen data backs up what CBS has long been telling him: that the show is a perfect summer fill-in for Numb3rs, a strong performer for the network in the past four years.

Mustos - whose producing partner is Anne Marie La Traverse - added he hopes Flashpoint's strong first outing means CBS will get even more aggressively behind promoting the one-hour series as the weeks progress. "It's easier for a network to get behind a series in a more substantive way when they see a show with promise."
    globeandmail.com: Canadian Flashpoint No. 1 in U.S.; producer 'shocked'

I forgot to mention earlier that I found it annoying that Amy Jo Johnson always had her mouth hanging open. It was quite distracting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I totally enjoyed watching it. I also hope it isn't just about "snipering", but maybe some involved backstory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast