+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The First 48 and other true crime shows

The First 48 and other true crime shows

I love the 1st 48 crime show on A&E. Tonight's show comes from Miami, which is featured a lot on this show. Other cities include Memphis and Detroit. The show follows real detectives tracking down killers. It's almost all old fashioned police work - not too many forensics here. Great stuff. Very personable detectives.

Tru-TV (formerly Court TV) has some good shows, too. North Mission Road takes place in Los Angeles. This shows the crime solving from beginning to end, including the forensics.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Re: The First 48 and other true crime shows

I loved this show too, one of my favorites! It must be frustrating when you can't get any witnesses to cooperate and solve the crime.

Man oh Man!!! I love the first 48!!! We have the DVR set to record it each week.....my fav detective on Miami is Pepi Granado
    "I'm gonna beat the breaks off that boy!!!!" ........Rampage Jackson confession

The First 48 is my show. I love when they do marathons like they did yesterday. Caroline Mason is one of my favorites because she don't be playing with those folks. It used to come on Thursdays and is now switched to Tuesdays right?

I'm glad to see others like the show as much as I do. Caroline is great. I love her dogs, too.

Last night's episode was so sad. A mother of twins was murdered right in front of the kids. The detectives know the husband did it, somehow, but he had an alibi. At least the feds got him on gun running. That probably will keep him in jail longer than a murder-for-hire would.
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3120287;
    Tru-TV (formerly Court TV) has some good shows, too. North Mission Road takes place in Los Angeles. This shows the crime solving from beginning to end, including the forensics.
    I also watch TRU TV also. I watch the shows like Most Shocking, Most Amazing and The Smoking Gun Presents Worlds Dumbest...

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3122552;
    The First 48 is my show. I love when they do marathons like they did yesterday. Caroline Mason is one of my favorites because she don't be playing with those folks. It used to come on Thursdays and is now switched to Tuesdays right?
    I think they r on Tuesdays....I love the marathons...but lately it seems like I have seen them all......I still have a few new episodes to catch up on...
    "I'm gonna beat the breaks off that boy!!!!" ........Rampage Jackson confession

If you go to A&E's website, you'll notice a number of the cases are dismissed because the witnesses disappeared or wouldn't testify. One detective said the odds are the accused who get off will be killed within a few years. Retaliation is a big part of the homicide cases.

It's depressing to think a person's life can come down to a few bucks, as most of the homicides are over piddly amounts of money or drugs.
    ~~~~

It's Tuesday and The First 48 is having a marathon on A&E today. I haven't noticed if any of these are being updated. Usually they post a case's status at the very end of the show, but I haven't noticed any current updates.
    ~~~~

It also looks like there's 2 news episodes tonight instead of just 1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast