+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The First 48 and other true crime shows

Re: The First 48 and other true crime shows

There was only one new episode I believe. The one I saw was heart-breaking. A man killed 6 members of his family and tried to kill 3 more, but they survived. Those three were children. Two of the 6 killed were children. They were killed by their father's brother. I looked up this case and he hasn't gone to trial yet. The brother killed was named Cecil Dotson, if you want to check up on the case.

At first the detectives, in Memphis, thought there were multiple killers because there were 2 different guns used, along with a knife and wooden planks. It turned out one man did it all. So on one night, the mother of the killer lost 2 sons, one daughter-in-law, and 3 grandkids. I can't remember who the 3rd adult killed was.

The killer son just got out of prison for murder! Apparently he blamed his brother for being in prison and held a grudge against the family for not doing more for him while he was in prison.

The son who was killed was a gang member, but that wasn't why he was killed. However, the likelihood of getting killed when in a gang is pretty high, I would imagine.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3133327;
    There was only one new episode I believe. The one I saw was heart-breaking. A man killed 6 members of his family and tried to kill 3 more, but they survived. Those three were children. Two of the 6 killed were children. They were killed by their father's brother. I looked up this case and he hasn't gone to trial yet. The brother killed was named Cecil Dotson, if you want to check up on the case.

At first the detectives, in Memphis, thought there were multiple killers because there were 2 different guns used, along with a knife and wooden planks. It turned out one man did it all. So on one night, the mother of the killer lost 2 sons, one daughter-in-law, and 3 grandkids. I can't remember who the 3rd adult killed was.

The killer son just got out of prison for murder! Apparently he blamed his brother for being in prison and held a grudge against the family for not doing more for him while he was in prison.

The son who was killed was a gang member, but that wasn't why he was killed. However, the likelihood of getting killed when in a gang is pretty high, I would imagine.
    I missed last night's episode, and my DVR isn't working so today I didn't have a show to watch. That sounds extremely sad. Thank you for the information on the case!
    "I'm gonna beat the breaks off that boy!!!!" ........Rampage Jackson confession

You're very welcome, smitty. There were 2 new episodes last night. The first one, I thought, was a repeat. A 12-year old girl courageously came forward and identified a shooter/killer. I was very surprised they showed her profile and mentioned her name. What a brave young lady she is. I hope the killer will realize his goose is cooked and plead guilty. This show also showed an ex-con who was convicted of murder TWICE and yet still got out and killed again! Good grief. What a way to run a justice department.
    ~~~~

I live in memphis. The Dotson killings were very sad. The children's father had been involved in some gang activity in the past and it was at first assumed that it was gang related. There were 4 adults killed. Cecil Dotson and his girlfriend who lived in the house. One of his friends and his girlfriend. One of the 2 children who died was something like 6 months old.

Jesse Dotson was identified as the killer by one of the surviving children. he had just gotten out of prison for something else a few days before the murders.

He hasn't gone to trial yet, but he was just arrested mid march of this year.

I also live in the Memphis area. At the time this happened, some very strange things went on. Strange to us then, anyway. One was that none of the family was allowed to see any of the kids who were in the hospital. I just kept thinking how I would feel if one of my grandkids had gone through such terror and I couldn't be there to hold them. One of the saddest things was that those poor injured kids lay there for something like a day and a half before they were found. Maybe the other two could have been saved if they'd gotten attention earlier. I wonder what would be the reason for having a trial when the guy has admitted the whole thing? Seems like he cold just get his sentence and go away.

^ They have to try this guy in court because he didn't sign a confession in the presence of a lawyer, I would think. The cops wouldn't let anyone talk to the kids as, at the time, they didn't know who the killer was. Hopefully the kids are with family members now. This was one of the saddest cases ever.

Tuesdays now have a 48 hours marathon. I just saw the show where the popluar basketball coach was murdered. Two kids killed him over 20 bucks, or whatever small amount they got.
    ~~~~

Thursday's episode showed a dental office owner who was gunned down. These murders always seem to be late at night and over just a few lousy dollars. How little life is valued for these kids who commit such senseless acts. I believe this occured in Kansas City.

Is anyone else watching? I probably should have entered this thread in the reality section, but it's not a true "reality" show.
    ~~~~

Yeah I watch, but sometimes it's hard to watch the marathons. One senseless death after another. The one where the woman was killed with her twins babies in the car was awful. They suspected her husband but couldn't pin it on him. Seems he's going down big time for a drug charge anyway.

I hate the ones when a little kid dies the most. I remember two cases in particular that drove me to tears. This is a show that I love watching the detective work on though. I must say that overall they do an excellent job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12