+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Six Feet Under - Timing and Space (4/13)

FORT Fogey

Six Feet Under - Timing and Space (4/13)

The reappearance of Brenda and her family has tragic ramifications in this episode. Brenda's father has died after a brief but fierce bout with cancer and the family gathers for the funeral.

Meanwhile, Ruth becomes ever more fixated on the new intern, Arthur, who looks increasingly uncomfortable with each passing minute as Ruth lavishes all her attentions on him.

Lisa is going to a Food Show and is worried about Maya's welfare. In her anguish and despair she is more controlling than ever and Nate has to ask her permission to attend the funeral. When no one is able to take care of Maya, Nate takes her to the service after quickly abandoning the idea of leaving her with Rico's wife Vanessa who seems to be falling into the abyss of depression.

Keith and David attend a brunch with David's acquaintances and Keith is definitely a fish out of water and leaves early after failing miserably at the social graces required.

Russell and Claire's friendship is heating up and she finds comfort in his sweetness and caring. He buys her that $50.00 tube of Cobalt Blue that she has denied herself and she is so moved by that generosity.

Brenda and Nate finally (!) have that quiet talk that was so needed. They articulate how much they have missed each other. They have come away from their relationship having learned so much. It's a beautiful moment.

Lisa comes home and confronts Nate about taking the baby to the funeral because now Maya is tainted by Brenda's touch. For the first time, Nate consciously realizes that he is very unhappy.

It was great to see Billy and Brenda's family again. I was bummed that Billy was so "straight" and taking his meds. He is such a spark.

This season the show lacks some of that electricity that has been so prevalent in past seasons. I want to see more of it.

FORT Fogey
    If I could be on Six Feet Under for one episode I'd take Russell out for a night on the town and show him how the other half lives.

Claire is the worst thing that could possibly be happening to him. I saw that glimmer of him wanting to be "normal" when he held back his excited interest in being a part of the wedding party a few episodes back. Claire ruined that for him, of course, and now it's just a matter of time before instead of using her new cobalt blue for beauty, she takes a knife to the canvas that is Russell's heart.

I got so suckered into thinking that really was Arthur exploding at Ruth. It's the best dream sequence of the season so far.

Brenda touching Nate's scar is more intimate than everything put together Nate and Lisa have or will ever share. Nate, LOOK at Rico's life. Nate, LOOK at your own life. And don't take it out on Arthur for going jogging.

David on the other hand is coming into his own. Maybe it was the Mimosas easing the bathroom talk with Keith, put that's just the time of independence they both need.

FORT Newbie
    I'm so glad that somebody else watches Six Feet Under. I have to agree not the best season, but there is still hope. It's not over yet.

Brenda and Nate belong together. I'm so tired of Lisa she treats him like a child, they have no on screen chemistry what so every. But Nate does have a loving side for Maya.
    That is very nice to see.

What is happening between Arthur and Ruth? WOW I'm scared to explore what is going to happen between the two of them.
    Not sure where they are going with Russell and Claire, they have kind of hinted that Russell still might be gay and he is just seeing if the women thing might be for him. But Claire is falling more and more in love with him. Her heart is going to be broken over that.

David seems to be seeing beyond his relationship with Keith and thinking that he could find somebody else.

I will watch of course until the end of the season and hope that next season will be better.

Bay

I love the dream sequences they do .... the one with Arthur going off at Ruth was awesome! lol. I was totally going "oh my god, she got caught" then it was just a fantasy...how brilliant.

I wonder if Keith is beginning to question his homosexuality, where as David is getting more comfortable with his... they seem to be growing apart somewhat, which is sad, I really like them as a couple. Or perhaps Keith felt insecure, seeing that David had such a great time & was finally "letting loose" at a party, maybe he is feeling that he's holding David back somehow?

I think Brenda & Nate belong together, but maybe they're not "marriage" material? Maybe they would be happier being together, but still being allowed to see other people once in awhile? While they were together, Nate still had interests in other women & Brenda in other men... they may be good together in an "alternative" kind of relationship, I'm not thinking Swingers or anything but not 100% monogamous either...
    Some people are fit to be married & stay with one person all their lives, but let's face it, some are not.... :-) OR maybe just the THOUGHT of marriage & "confinement" in that manner drives them both to want to get out & break down those walls...

Claire is used to being used & left, she's afraid to get close to Russell....Im sure the thought of him being gay is also in the back of her mind, so she doesn't dare think that this is something that's going to last...

Will be interesting to see what happens with Ruth & Arthur.. that "Sound of music" scene was just disturbing.... ugh... lol.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Wyndemere
    I wonder if Keith is beginning to question his homosexuality, where as David is getting more comfortable with his... they seem to be growing apart somewhat, which is sad, I really like them as a couple. Or perhaps Keith felt insecure, seeing that David had such a great time & was finally "letting loose" at a party, maybe he is feeling that he's holding David back somehow?
    I don't think Keith's questioning his sexuality or feeling insecure. I think it's a matter of them finding out they are not compatible people. On any other show, this would be boring because in essence it's making a gay couple seem to be just as susceptible to "growing tired of each other" as a straight couple. But in Six Feet Under, this subtle evolution is another trademark of the show's realism.

Maybe they would be happier being together, but still being allowed to see other people once in awhile? While they were together, Nate still had interests in other women & Brenda in other men... they may be good together in an "alternative" kind of relationship, I'm not thinking Swingers or anything but not 100% monogamous either...
    Brenda's a nymphomaniac though (or was). Assuming she can control that, I think they would do quite well to give each other another shot. Let's face it, Lisa doesn't need Nate and we know Nate doesn't need Lisa. The sticking point (and genius of the show) is: Does Nate need Maya?

Claire is used to being used & left, she's afraid to get close to Russell....Im sure the thought of him being gay is also in the back of her mind, so she doesn't dare think that this is something that's going to last...
    I'd like to see some art Claire produces that astonishes me. It's a bit difficult to swallow that Claire is an artiste when I'm not given any proof. If we saw her crying or have a devil's look in her eye while creating, that would be one thing. But until I see that, I really think her shitty attitude is going to be her own downfall.

I'd like to see some art Claire produces that astonishes me. It's a bit difficult to swallow that Claire is an artiste when I'm not given any proof. If we saw her crying or have a devil's look in her eye while creating, that would be one thing. But until I see that, I really think her shitty attitude is going to be her own downfall.
    yes! I'm dying to see some of her "excellent" art.... I mean I saw the graveyard one she painted in her first class but....
    Well, I guess we'll wait and see, I'm sure there'll be more of that later on...... maybe.....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread