+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Re: Army Wives ~ Season 2

OK, so what does everyone think the wife that held the barbecue does to earn her extra money? And her husband came in a TOLD her friends to go home??? I hope we don't have a dropped storyline here!! And I'm NOT looking forward to Denise's situation next week. AND - I think it's a little unrealistic that Jeremy wouldn't talk to Emmalyn. As a teacher, I've seen kids in his situation. They almost always reach out to the family members.

I started out thinking that the wife was doing something (hooking...) to generate money.. but as the show went on she seemed to have a sense of innocence about her when talking about the fact that the items were all fake. Now I think her husband is actually doing something illegal. I'm curious where that one goes, too.

I actually think Jeremy's situation might be a bit more common than you think. He hasn't really had the time to grieve like Emmaline has... at least not in a nurturing, healthy way. So when he comes home to find what appears to be the family having moved on... it angers him. I think if she had been outwardly grieving he would have been more inclined to share his sorrow. I'm hoping he'll be able to move on... and that this isn't the end of his character. I think he's going to play a big part in the Denise/Getty situation next week. Will he be angry like Frank would be (and like his previous temper tantrums?) Will he be understanding and a mediary in between Denise and Frank? Hmmmm....

And will there EVER be an episode where I do not cry like a baby?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I love this show, and I agree with everyone that I hope they don't drop the curiosity about the couple who held the BBQ, and love the interaction between Denise and the doc, and hope she dumps that controlling Frank...he's too old school for her. She must have married young, and given up most everything of herself, which she's just now rediscovering, but it can't have been his first deployment, maybe just the first with her home alone (son also deployed) which allowed her to develop her sense of self.

Broadway, I'm with you. It seems like the wife really does believe all that stuff is fake. And the husband telling Chase to tell Pamela to stay away from his wife just proves for sure he's involved in something. I can't wait for Pamela to bust his butt!

And of course I cried at the end too, when Emmaline and Claudia Joy came into the bar and even earlier when the father was talking about his son. This show definitely knows how to turn on the waterworks.

Roxy's husband brought up a good point. He will eventually get reassigned to a new duty station. Then what will happen to the bar? But then again, the show is set around these women at this duty station so I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon unless the writers plan to break Roxy and Trevor up or have him die.

I am also curious about that couple. I think it will get to a pretty good storyline.

And I also just wanted to say that I really like Joan this season.. they have really developed her character this season, and I think she is great. I wasn't really a fan of her last season, but I am now.
    I also really like Michael Holden, he has always been a favorite of mine.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The "shady couple", which maybe isn't fair since I'm not sure she's involved....and the way he controllingly cut off the wife's relationship with Pamela (who used to be a cop, right?)...I say he's up to no good, and I got the feeling that Pamela's husband had some knowledge of it. Hmmm ........ Shady husband controlling his wife; Pam's husband talking in a crazy, controlling manner to her.......... this could really get good.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Joan may lose her baby.

Emmaline and Claudia Joy had me crying at the end, too. That group hug was so appropriate and loving, and beautiful. I love the friendship between the women and Roland.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was very disappointed in the shortcut that the "shady couple's" storyline took. I'm sure it's over now....and it was ended in a boring manner.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, prhoshay.... seems like they cut it far too quickly. Wonder why...

On the opposite end, the Denise/Getty storyline has been developed very, very well. I like how slowly they've taken it (it's been even a few months in their scheme of things) and last night's drama just forced the issue. Perhaps I missed a line... but was the patient that died someone that Getty knew? Denise said something afterwards about the guy having wanted to die.. wanted to run into a wall.. something along those lines. And then to see that Frank is back next week (I think) and that looked to be Getty in an accident? I cannot WAIT to see next week!

Loved Roland's storyline this week. And love that Roland and Joan have asked Michael and Claudia Joy to be godparents. Very sweet.

Roxy and Trevor.. awesome. I'm so glad the show took the high road and had Trevor put the waitress in her place. What a refreshing change that they didn't take the easy "Trevor is tormented by his pain.. painkillers, etc.." storyline.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The trauma patient that Denise and Getty worked on was attempting suicide, and he succeeded. I'm guessing that Getty had a brother or a close friend who suicided, and he couldn't do anything to help him..so this was his attempt to reconcile that loss. I thought he shot himself in the chest, didn't he? Yeah, next week looks to be a good one, storyline-wise.

I thought that Roland and Joan were going to ask Michael and C.J. if they minded if they named their daughter Amanda. I couldn't exactly see asking somebody that you've only known for a very brief time to be godparents, but that's just me.

Looks like Trevor is about to be an prescription pain pill addict. Good grief! I've never understood how people can toss a pill in their mouth and just swallow it. I'd be in trouble!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3147102;
    I thought that Roland and Joan were going to ask Michael and C.J. if they minded if they named their daughter Amanda. I couldn't exactly see asking somebody that you've only known for a very brief time to be godparents, but that's just me.

Looks like Trevor is about to be an prescription pain pill addict.
    I agree with both of these statements. We were thinking the same things last night!

While Pamela was visiting Chase at the jail, that's when I realized he was an insider. They didn't trash their home, which clued me in on that. Glad to see Chase isn't a bad guy.

I'm really enjoying the new Joan. I didn't like her character much last season. Watching her and Roland together is so refreshing.

+ Reply to Thread