+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives ~ Season 2

FORT Newbie

Re: Army Wives ~ Season 2

I'm new to the site and after getting myself caught up in the Bachelorette threads, I find it refreshing to see people talking about such a great show. I love Army Wives and how they keep me wanting more.

I'm curious where Denise is heading with her doctor friend. I'm not a Frank fan but wouldn't want to see her leave him while he's in Iraq. And I gotta ask...did anyone notice his eyebrows?? Oh man, they need trimmed really bad.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I noticed those eyebrows, too!! Walter Cronkite-like!! Denise will not ditch on Frank while he is in Iraq, but she is definitely dabbling in dangerous territory; the gossips are going to have a field day with her, unfortunately.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3116795;
    I wish they'd show Denise and Frank's son (I forgot his name since he hasn't been on) or at least give us an update. You'd think they'd have shown him finding about Amanda's death since they were romantically involved. Plus he joined underage and I wonder if that's ever going to come out.
    They actually mentioned him in the first show and talked about his reaction to Amanda's death plus passed along a comment from him (don't remember the specifics... sorry.)

I wonder if he, too, has left the show?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think the more Frank controls Denise, it might drive her to do things that she hasn't been able to like keeping the bike.

Frank and Denise's son is called Jeremy. They did show him coming home after Amanda's funeral - as soon as he could get there since he was in basic training. He was crying in Denise's arms.

This show makes me cry every friggin week. I'm also a mess at Christmas when they show greetings to family from troops overseas. I feel so BAD. The sacrifice, the horrors, the distance, the lonliness, the stiff upper lip. I just don't know how they do it.

I love Roxie and Trevor and Pamela and Chase. The newlyweds and the long marrieds. At the beginning of the series I thought Chase was a real jerk but he has changed my opinion. Roland and Joyce are becoming faves now too. There doesn't have to be conflict to have a good show.

I think Denise will realize what is happening in time to kill the momentum - at least I hope she does.

And I noticed Frank's eyebrows too.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Regular

I always tend to think they won't kill off certain characters and/or have them divorce on Army Wives because if that happened, they'd have to more or less write out the character. That's why I don't expect Trevor to die in Iraq - his wife, a main character of the show, really wouldn't be one of the "Army Wives" anymore and would be forced off base. Thus, I went all first season with a smug notion of "No one dies, no one gets divorced."

However, there is a way around this problem and still keep the title characters. Denise is a nurse at the hospital. Presumably if she and Frank divorced, she would still be around because of her employment. Right? She could still swirl around the happenings at the base. The same issue for Roxie - she's attached to the Hump Bar. So - I guess I should be a little less confident that all these marriages stay together, because there are ways around it and still able to keep the core group of "Wives" together for the drama to continue. Who knows???

Annika

Ok, it's obvious we aren't supposed to like Frank so that when Denise hooks up with the doctor we won't be upset. Frank is a tool though. He "let" her be a nurse?. That's a sure way to send your wife running into another man's arms.

I hope Trevor can get over his guilt. Glad Pamela decided not to take the Atlanta job.

I was sure I had the storyline with Emmalyn's friend figured out. I thought Claudia Joy would offer to foster the girl while the mother was deployed. Who knows what will happen in six months. I know the Army doesn't have to give deferments for family matters because the old saying "if the military wanted you to have a family they would have issued you one" still holds a bit true, but if the husband will be home in 8 months, why couldn't the Army just give her the three extra months until he comes home. I mean, if they're going to approve six, then what's three more?

A lot has changed where the family is concerned and the military has been better with addressing family needs though so I'm not complaining, just making an observation. I guess they have to draw the line somewhere.

I was sure I had the storyline with Emmalyn's friend figured out. I thought Claudia Joy would offer to foster the girl while the mother was deployed. Who knows what will happen in six months. I know the Army doesn't have to give deferments for family matters because the old saying "if the military wanted you to have a family they would have issued you one" still holds a bit true, but if the husband will be home in 8 months, why couldn't the Army just give her the three extra months until he comes home. I mean, if they're going to approve six, then what's three more?
    I thought the same thing, but after the show I thought more about it and realized that, with her husband as base commander, they really aren't in a position to take in the child of a deploying soldier. What about all the other soldiers' children?

I agree with "why couldn't they just wait until the husband got home?". My 7 year old has a friend whose parents are both in the Air National Guard. I was told it tries not to deploy two parents at the same time. I just assumed that other military organizations would do the same. I am sad to hear they don't.

I hope this show is being true to the reality of military life. I enjoy learning more about it -- even things I don't agree with.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

When our son was born, I was still in the Navy and my husband is also in the Navy. At the time, I was given 3 months after he was born on shore duty and then I went back to the ship. They TRY to have one of the parents on shore and one on the ship and TRY to not deploy both but we are in a state of war and all the trying is out the window. That is why they force you to have family plans drawn up where you can have your child at a care taker within X amount of time. The Navy really does try to be understanding but not at the expense of national security.

In our situation, I got hurt so it was a moot point. But what would have happened was that I would have been on a ship, my husband was on shore and got sent In-Country within a month or so of him going to shore (war changes everything... normally Navy people don't do land tours). So we would have been in the situation where both parents were deployed if I hadn't gotten hurt, taken off the ship, and gotten a medical discharge.

I've been out of the Navy for almost 4 years now and my husband tells me they've changed the post-pregnancy policy and the females are now allowed to be on shore for a year after the baby is born. I was rather shocked at that because I know of and knew plenty of women who used babies as an excuse to never go on a ship. I saw the chance at this new ruling being abused.

Anyways, that's how the Navy handles dual military service members.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Denise. She has quite a situation on her hands. I'm wondering how old she was when she married Frank.
    She definitely married into a difficult situation, to say the least. Sometimes when you're on your way to being who it is you are going to be, an early marriage...or maybe even a not so early marriage... can stumble into your path and chaos can ensue. Women who are left alone in situations like this probably develop independent living skills that may not set so well with their mates. I don't think it's either for either partner, but it may be harder for the husband to accept, as was evidenced by Frank saying what he "let" his wife do. That kind of thinking is bound to cause some kind of trouble, in the long run.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread