+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Re: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3067291;
    I just turned this on today because there isn't much to watch right now and noticed, WOW! Kim Delaney has the most huge lips! I didn't recognize her personally, just her voice and the way she talks... whoa, that was a shocker!
    They (her lips) distracted me every time she was onscreen. I kept wondering if they were injured in the bombing or something!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Exactly Wryle! I had to turn away and just listen to the show while she was in front of me!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just turned this on today because there isn't much to watch right now and noticed, WOW! Kim Delaney has the most huge lips! I didn't recognize her personally, just her voice and the way she talks... whoa, that was a shocker!
    So sad, she was so beautiful without the duck lips.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

FORT Fanatic

I am hoping that they did her lips for the bombing. My gosh, I didn't know it would bother other people, I thought it was just me.

Did anyone find tonights show kind of boring? It just didn't seem that interesting to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I liked it. I thought it was pretty important.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;3072467;
    Did anyone find tonights show kind of boring? It just didn't seem that interesting to me.

No scenes with Chase and Pamela can be boring IMHO!

I found the parallel to the first episode powerful - Claudia Joy again undergoes an experience with what I think was an angel, seen only to her.
    I loved the ending with the quote from the Bible, and I loved the interaction with the soldier who lost his legs and Denise, giving each other needed confidence. I also enjoyed how Emmalyn kept bringing her friends to talk to Roland!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The "angel" was seen by Claudia Joy and Roxie's youngest son; the little boy identified the man as "Harry" (when the little boy and CJ were on their "date"), his invisible friend.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3073333;
    The "angel" was seen by Claudia Joy and Roxie's youngest son; the little boy identified the man as "Harry" (when the little boy and CJ were on their "date"), his invisible friend.

I thought "Harry" had been Finn's invisible friend for a while. Roxy said something to CJ about "I do it all of the time" when CJ "talked" to Harry and Finn said he wasn't there. I think they are two different things.

Oh no.... Harry is one and the same.... Claudia Joy's angel and Finn's friend. I thought it was quite a touching realization that little Finn has a guardian angel to help him get through some of the challenges that he faces. We'll probably see issues with him in the future not being able to deal with Trevor's being away, etc.

This show is sheer perfection to me at the moment. I cannot find one complaint..not even Kim Delaney's lips.

I love that they had Joan decide to keep her baby. I think that brings a very realistic issue that many women climbing the ladder, both corporate and military, face when deciding whether to get pregnant. Her main worry should have been whether she would be able to retain her position if she took the time to have a child. Once Holden excitedly rushed to tell her to not worry.. that her position would be there when she returned... I thought that might seal the deal. But I thought it quite touching, actually, to see Joan so conflicted over whether she could handle a child. I've always seen her as too rough and tough for Roland.. so it's nice to see her expanding the softer side of her personality. It must be very scary for her.

eta: apparently my word for the day is "touching" Sorry!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fanatic

Ok, I rewatched the show again today, it seemed a lot better. I had other things on my mind last night and I didn't get into it as much. I agree that this show is wonderful. It's nice to watch something that is more about family and love and can really touch your heart.

+ Reply to Thread