+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Re: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;3045630;
    I thought the scenes with Amanda and Claudia Joy were Claudia Joy dreaming or should I say Amanda visiting her mother while she was sleeping. I guess it could have been Amada's imagination. Hmmmmmmmm...now I will be wondering which one it was. This show sure was intense.
    After watching it the second time last night, I interpreted it as both Claudia Joy and Amanda having their goodbye and maybe their final interactions while Claudia Joy was in a state of semi-consciousness. I totally didn't expect the ending and cried like it happened to me especially when Amanda's Dad was in the room and cried some more when Claudia Joy figured out that Amanda was gone. Heartbreaking...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mynicholle;3046692;
    After watching it the second time last night, I interpreted it as both Claudia Joy and Amanda having their goodbye and maybe their final interactions while Claudia Joy was in a state of semi-consciousness. I totally didn't expect the ending and cried like it happened to me especially when Amanda's Dad was in the room and cried some more when Claudia Joy figured out that Amanda was gone. Heartbreaking...
    When a big tough guy tells his wife that he couldn't do anything to stop it, well that just gets ya.

Lifetime showed Army Wives 3 times in a row last night and I watched all 3... and missed the same important scene each time!
    And leave it to Lifetime to make me cry like a little baby at the scene where Claudia Joy and Amanda said goodbye and it flashes back to Amanda with her dad just standing there crying.
    Other than the conversation that Pamela had with Roland, was Marilyn ever mentioned? Like did she survive?

FORT Fanatic

No, they said that Marilyn was gone. I guess they didn't think her character mattered that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohtz;3046868;
    No, they said that Marilyn was gone. I guess they didn't think her character mattered that much.
    And in the previews they show a coffin with Marilyn's picture on it. I guess we kind of assume Marilyn, her husband, the guy she was leaving with, and someone else died at the site. Amanda was one of the 3 critically injured - including Betty. So there was a 4th who died at the bar, and there is a 3rd in the hospital.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;3046724;
    Lifetime showed Army Wives 3 times in a row last night and I watched all 3... and missed the same important scene each time!
    And leave it to Lifetime to make me cry like a little baby at the scene where Claudia Joy and Amanda said goodbye and it flashes back to Amanda with her dad just standing there crying.
    Other than the conversation that Pamela had with Roland, was Marilyn ever mentioned? Like did she survive?

What's the same important scene? I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3047562;
    What's the same important scene? I must have missed it.
    Sorry, I guess it was "important" only because i kept missing it. It was right before Claudia Joy told Amanda about her first day of school of kindergarten... can one of you lovely FORTers tell me what happened? Thanks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Eliminating Amanda's character rids us, probably temporarily, of the regular teen angst that we are so used to seeing on so many shows (same theme, different show)...but, as was stated above, her sister is still there. I do agree that the ending was quite a shock.

Gotta watch/record this episode again for the little nuances that I may have missed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;3048850;
    Sorry, I guess it was "important" only because i kept missing it. It was right before Claudia Joy told Amanda about her first day of school of kindergarten... can one of you lovely FORTers tell me what happened? Thanks!
    I wish I could remember what was said then, I hope someone else remembers, how is it we always seem to miss the same part of a show over and over? I do the same darn thing.

Did anyone notice that Claudia Joy's other daughter is played by someone new?

[QUOTE=Poohtz;3049198;]I wish I could remember what was said then, I hope someone else remembers, how is it we always seem to miss the same part of a show over and over? I do the same darn thing.

Did anyone notice that Claudia Joy's other daughter is played by someone new?[/QUOTE]

I noticed that but then I saw little of her last season that I was second guessing myself.

+ Reply to Thread