+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Re: Army Wives ~ Season 2

I didn't see that coming! I thought they would continue with the Amanda & Jeremy relationship.

It sure is nice to be surprised by a show, so many are so predictable. Can't wait for next weeks show.

Okay... now I feel comfortable with the fact that I apparently did not look away at a crucial point early in the show so I missed a clue that the Amanda/Claudia Joy scenes were real. That last scene completely hit me out of left field and it was amazingly moving.

I, too, loved Pamela's narration. My heart just went to her pain immediately and she carried me through the show.

I think Claudia Joy was touch and go throughout the show. It was more than simple sleeping, but she wasn't on life support when we were finally shown. All of the ladies were at the hospital waiting for news, so her condition must have been serious for awhile. I love how she was finally able to reconcile her own feelings of loss (of career, of goals) when admitting to "Amanda" that she had regretted leaving school, but then realized that her goals were just changing. She is definitely going to be tortured with guilt at "Amanda's" statement that she only came into the bar for CJ.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3045703;
    I didn't see that coming! I thought they would continue with the Amanda & Jeremy relationship.

It sure is nice to be surprised by a show, so many are so predictable. Can't wait for next weeks show.
    I wish they had explored this more too. I think there's a lot they could have done with it. I've been in Amanda's shoes (military "brat") and Claudia Joy's (military wife). I know what it's like to have things expected of you and be pulled in a different direction. And the actress who played Amanda was almost a clone of Kim Delaney. I wish they'd kept her around! I don't think you can use the standard "we developed her character as much as possible" in this case!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3045703;

Exactly what I was thinking. It is nice to have a show that can capture your heart and remind you that life isn't predictable at all.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3045680;
    I interpreted it this way as well. I think Claudia Joy may have been in a state of semi-consciousness and was either dreaming (or for those of us who believe something else) going through this in a different way, especially at the very end where it was something like "you can do this, I can't come yet, Dad and Emmaline (sp?) need you, I'll see you again." Still can't believe this. I wish they had kept her around. I think there was a lot they could have done with her character. But I'll admit, no one probably saw this coming.

That only goes to show the beauty of the show. It can be interpreted a few ways. WOW! Very seldom does a show have this effect on me (I'm still thinking about the show a day later). I can't wait for next week.

I'm a couple of episodes behind from last season but did catch the premiere and was surprised by the ending as well. I also didn't know there was a book. I found this site The basis for Lifetime's hottest new show, <i>Army Wives</i> - Tanya Biank - Under the Sabers: The Unwritten Code of Army Wives - Epinions.com that explains the series is not based on the book per se but just a concept created because of the book. Although the characters do have some similarities to the ones in the book, they aren't THE characters in the book.

FORT Fanatic

I read that the actress who played Amanda asked to be let out of her contract. (she got an offer to do another show). I guess the writers felt that this was the best way to write her off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3046371;
    I read that the actress who played Amanda asked to be let out of her contract. (she got an offer to do another show). I guess the writers felt that this was the best way to write her off the show.
    I can understand an actor wanting to move on but I wish the writers would have sent her off to college (like we thought was happening!) instead of killing her off. She really was a younger version of Kim Delaney to the point of distraction so maybe it's better that she's gone . Still wish they hadn't killed her though . But maybe they felt it would make for some good future storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3046437;
    I can understand an actor wanting to move on but I wish the writers would have sent her off to college (like we thought was happening!) instead of killing her off. She really was a younger version of Kim Delaney to the point of distraction so maybe it's better that she's gone . Still wish they hadn't killed her though . But maybe they felt it would make for some good future storylines.
    ITA! I know this is supposed to be "real," but it seems a dark way to start season 2. I wonder if the writers knew this at the end of last season. Maybe that's why all of the principals were at the bar, so if there was a problem with anyone's contract. . . The military members can always be deployed, so it wouldn't be unusual if they didn't come back. I'm torn though. I wish it were different, but it sure was powerful. Thanks ilovefootball25 for explaining the contract situation! I'm surprised she wanted to leave. They could have done a lot with her storyline IMO - attending college locally, maybe seeing Jeremy once in a while, meeting new people (possibly someone who Dad doesn't approve of). Oh well, they do still have a young teenager's scenerio to write. And Pamela's and Roxy's children will be growing up!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3045680;
    I interpreted it this way as well. I think Claudia Joy may have been in a state of semi-consciousness and was either dreaming (or for those of us who believe something else) going through this in a different way, especially at the very end where it was something like "you can do this, I can't come yet, Dad and Emmaline (sp?) need you, I'll see you again." Still can't believe this. I wish they had kept her around. I think there was a lot they could have done with her character. But I'll admit, no one probably saw this coming.
    I rewatched the show today and I think maybe Amanda and Claudia Joy were both having those same images going on at the same time. And yes, I cried again.

+ Reply to Thread