+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Roxie's boys are getting on my nerves. Too cutesy for my taste.

I was shocked and grossed out when Roxie's husband started taking apart the pipes beneath the sink to try to recover some pills.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

After watching, I don't think Claudia Joy was raped either. I think she stopped him in time. What was the deal with Pamela's stalker? I didn't hear her mention him at the end when they were at Denise's cabin. Was it another rushed closing to a storyline without much explanation? I hate when they do that.

I can relate to Denise's feelings of trying to find out who she is after all those years being an Army wife and mother. It's easy to lose your own identity when your whole life is the military. I understand why Frank is scared though and I hope they work things out.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I don't think Claudia Joy was raped either. I couldn't see any point in that whole story line. It seemed kind of crazy. If another country was negotiating military bases, they would not be dealing with a General - they would be dealing with the Pentagon! It seems to me TPTB are sitting around a table tossing story lines in the air and seeing which ones land on the table! There are TOO many! I don't see any point in the Pamela/stalker story line either. Look at all the changes these women have gone through. Usually in an ensemble cast, there is one character who is somewhat stable. Couldn't they have just used Pamela as the steady one - supporting all of her friends?

Now I hope they just let Joan and Roland be new parents - NORMAL new parents! I think Trevor will get help. Denise will have her "new" life, and Claudia Joy still has a teenager to raise! Let's not flood the show with two many other things! JMHO of course! ; )

Aw, I LOVE Army Wives! I hadn't even heard about the show until this past summer, when I caught up on the first season and started watching the second. I think this is the most likable group of women in a long time. They're all strong and smart, and I can relate to all of them in different ways. Last night's episode was so sad. I expected that to happen to Betty since what's the point of keeping her character around when she wasn't actually on the show, but I didn't think it would come so soon. I also love the Brussels storyline. I really didn't see that one coming, and I can't wait to see what happens with Denise and the other women, as well as Emmalynn and her new boyfriend. Of course with one episode left we'll probably have to wait until next season to find out! I'll miss this show over the winter.

The previews for tonight are saying they "lose one of their own" again. I'm getting tired of this. We've already "lost" Ghetti and Betty. Who else is negotiating their contract? I don't want to see anything happen to another one of the kids (Emmalin, Jeremy), although it would be an easy out for them. And in the book,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it doesn't turn out well for Jeremy
    . I've had enough. I loved this show at the beginning because of it's realism, at least as I saw it as a military wife, but it's veering into 'way over the top' territory for me!

FORT Newbie

Geez Louise, what the heck was that finale all about? Every main character got hit in the head. Not a bright spot on the horizon! Are we going to get a Season Three with each show focusing on a main character and the crap they have to put up with? The finale was visceral enough for me. I don't think I can handle this weekly.

I have not read the book on purpose. So I have no idea if the writers are following the novel or juicing it up.

I haven't read the book either. There are a few thinks they can do I guess. They can fast forward over the summer and have everything coming back to the base a year later or they can have half the show taking place in Iraq (thats where half the cast is!) and half in the States or they can always pull out the old Dallas chesnut and have this be someone's dream/nightmare.

I know the things that are happening are all part of military life - people move on, go where they are needed/told but I want more of base life, it's an aspect that is a mystery to us.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought that the season finale was kind of bland and predictable. Let's just say that I'm not waiting, in breathless anticipation, for next season's premiere. I do enjoy the show, and I will watch when it returns.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by threadZilla;3228797;
    Geez Louise, what the heck was that finale all about? Every main character got hit in the head. Not a bright spot on the horizon! Are we going to get a Season Three with each show focusing on a main character and the crap they have to put up with? The finale was visceral enough for me. I don't think I can handle this weekly.

I have not read the book on purpose. So I have no idea if the writers are following the novel or juicing it up.
    They're not following the book completely. IMHO - they can't lose Michael and CJ on the show. Something will happen that will keep Michael there, not necessarily something bad, but I don't know how he can return to his position as post commander. Emmalin will come home, but will they court-martial the guy? It looked to me like Denise was really falling for Mac - or is she still just living the carefree life? Frank didn't want to cheat, but now Jeremy has seen that, Frank knows it, and I hope Jeremy doesn't go out and get "distracted" in combat. Joan and Roland need a normal, new parents, stable life --PLEASE, writers! Get rid of Evan and his wife. Joan doesn't deserve this. She won't go to Iraq, but I don't know what the writers will do. Roxy will fight for her bar, and win. Pamela and Chase will be fine - those two actors must have signed their contracts

Wait - the show IS following the book a little. It's becoming really depressing!

FORT Newbie

Where Can I Go To Catch Up On All Of The Season 2 Episodes I Seen To 8 I Think But I Don't Know Where To Go To Finish The Rest Of Them

+ Reply to Thread