+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Army Wives ~ Season 2

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Army Wives ~ Season 2

I agree that they are shortcutting the really good storylines, and it stinks. They have fodder for really good shows, and they are electing not to develop them.

I remember... many many moons ago ....I took a class where one of the guys couldn't process written tests and had to be given the test orally. I often wondered what happened with him since the class we were taking required a lot of reading and writing to perform the job we were training for.

Joan is staying out of bed an awful lot. She is cruising toward trouble. But, then again, with the way they are 'aborting' these storylines, who knows?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Joan is staying out of bed an awful lot. She is cruising toward trouble. But, then again, with the way they are 'aborting' these storylines, who knows?
    I agree. My sister had a torn placenta with her 2nd pregnancy, and the doctor didn't want her to get out of bed at all -- even to use the bathroom. She refused to use a bedpan, so every trip was a fingers-crossed, prayer moment. Every time I saw Joan in the kitchen, it made me nervous.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Fanatic

They sure killed Getty off quick. I understand he had a DNR, but gees, with him out of the picture it's really obvious that Denise will stay with Frank. I think it would have been more interesting for him to live and they continue to work together. Of course, as with other items mentioned, it's probably due to a time constraint. After all, the summer is almost over. I wonder how much longer the season lasts????

I still think they could do better than they are doing. Getty being gone may not make Denise stay with Frank but, with the way these storylines are going, it might make it too interesting for her to leave him. Lord knows, they don't seem to want an interesting storyline.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I loved the interplay between Denise and Getty, and hope they do continue to allow her to develop as her own person, not just Frank's wife - you can't put the genie back in the bottle... I never got any chemistry between Denise and Frank!

So last night's show - another great one, of course! When Denise and Frank were talking in the driveway and she confessed EVERYTHING, my first thought was like the character of "elderly Rose" in Titanic - something like - a woman's heart is like the ocean, full of deep secrets. I thought why on earth did she tell him everything - would I have done that? I probably would have left out the kiss part. Then my second thought was, good for her - there should be no secrets in a marriage. And Frank redeemed himself again "Baby, I'll do whatever it takes." I loved the interaction with him and Michael at the bar! Good friends, but one is the General. So it starts with "sir" and progresses to "my friend Michael." - LOVED that! I saw so much of that, especially on the baseball field when my dh played with guys that worked for him. They solved it by calling him "Doc" most of the time. YAY for Roxy! I missed Chase : (

FORT Fanatic

I noticed that Joan (Wendy Davis) wasn't in the episode. Is she pregnant in real life?

I didn't think last night was anywhere nearly as good as the previous shows almost were. Actually, I thought it was rather boring. Was last night the season ender, or is that coming in 2 weeks, or what? I notice that, from what my television shows, they will be doing the same episode next Sunday. If last night is all we can come to expect from this show, they may as well call it a day and be gone.

I believe the season finale is November 2. I read some where that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rumor Willis
    will make a guest appearance on the show.

I just read that earlier today, too, babs. She will play an army wife that has lost her husband in Iraq.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread