+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 292

Thread: Swingtown

  1. #71
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Swingtown

    But he was chopping it for Susan's husband first.

    I think it can get really hot in the summer and then cool enough for a sweater/fire at night.

  2. #72
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Swingtown

    I really enjoyed the episode last night. The writing is done so well it keeps me interested throughout the whole hour. I loved the pot brownies although I have never seen them made like that before! I'm so glad that they didn't all hook up while Janet was stoned after seeing how she reacted in the morning to waking up in Trina's nightgown!
    Yup, with donuts!!

  3. #73
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,627

    Re: Swingtown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3083553;
    MamaC, she ran into the boyfriend when she was coming out of the grocery store. She basically told him that she was making dinner and babysitting her little brother and told him that she wasn't interested. He didn't seem to completely buy it. That's when I knew he would see her and the teacher.

    I don't think Susan's husband (Tom?) would be interested in sleeping with Janet 'cause he knows her too well...but I think Grant Show's character (why can't I ever remember his name?! ) wouldn't mind... I see a hookup happening. And Susan will eventually hook up with Janet's husband--he clearly likes her--and that will make Janet really jealous and possessive of both of them...I think!
    Susan and Bruce Miller
    Trina and Tom Decker (Grant Show)
    Janet and Roger Thompson

    Took me a bit too lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3084051;
    I really enjoyed the episode last night. The writing is done so well it keeps me interested throughout the whole hour. I loved the pot brownies although I have never seen them made like that before! I'm so glad that they didn't all hook up while Janet was stoned after seeing how she reacted in the morning to waking up in Trina's nightgown!
    I’m glad there was no hooking up at all, i know this show is what it is but I am getting really in to the sub-plots if you will.

    Trina has really evolved since the fist show.. she’s looking at Toms leaving with the thoughts of being lonely, and wonders what’s going to happen while he’s away.
    I honestly think she wants what Susan has.. a nice normal life with a great family. Not to mention, a true friend. I think she really means it when she says that she is glad she met Susan. On the other hand, I think Janet wants the chance to let go a bit, and be defiant.. look at how she was talking about high school… she’s longing for difference too, but I don’t think she will compromise her moral beliefs.

    I am in no way prude, but the 'hooking up' is not what I think this show should be about, title notwithstanding. There are some wonderful characters and actors in this show, and I'd like to see how they all intertwine (pun not intended) and how they play off one another. Again, no pun intended.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 06-27-2008 at 12:55 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  4. #74
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Swingtown

    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3084216;
    Susan and Bruce Miller
    Trina and Tom Decker (Grant Show)
    Janet and Roger Thompson

    Took me a bit too lol.
    THANK YOU! Can I still refer to Grant Show as Grant Show, though? I just like saying his name...

    I think Bruce is the least attractive of the men and can see why Susan is kind of interested in Tom (and later, probably Roger, too). All the women are pretty...Janet usually looks so uptight, but then she loosened up and smiled, she was really pretty!

    In next week's preview, Susan is shown saying something like, "Bruce doesn't agree..." And then it shows him wanting to leave the party and she says she wants to stay. Does that imply that he doesn't want to swing anymore but she does? I always got the impression that he was more into it than her...so to speak.

  5. #75
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Swingtown

    I got that impression too. He brings it up all the time while she's the one who was not wanting to do it anymore. Maybe he feels jealousy if she's not just with the neighbor.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  6. #76
    I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    At the High Rollers Table
    Posts
    4,627

    Re: Swingtown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3084227;
    THANK YOU! Can I still refer to Grant Show as Grant Show, though? I just like saying his name...

    I think Bruce is the least attractive of the men and can see why Susan is kind of interested in Tom (and later, probably Roger, too). All the women are pretty...Janet usually looks so uptight, but then she loosened up and smiled, she was really pretty!

    In next week's preview, Susan is shown saying something like, "Bruce doesn't agree..." And then it shows him wanting to leave the party and she says she wants to stay. Does that imply that he doesn't want to swing anymore but she does? I always got the impression that he was more into it than her...so to speak.

    Yes he is.. and I do cut them some slack with the 70s throwback and all. Susan had been looking frumpy again and i dont like it.. Trina I think is VERY pretty, no matter how they show her. Roger is not at all bad looking, and i think that him and Susan look great together.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

    "Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: Swingtown

    Since we weren't shown the actual events of the time the Miller's and the Decker's spent together on July 4th, does anyone think the couples only swapped as hetero couples or did Tom/Bruce and Susan/Trina hook up too?

    When they were at the cabin and getting ready to head to the shower, they were paired Tom/Susan and Bruce/Trina.

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: Swingtown

    . . . I think Janet wants the chance to let go a bit, and be defiant . . .
    . . . and maybe even ditch the ugly plaid blouses?

    One thing I notice with Susan and her manner of speaking -- she [the actress] uses the very same tone and manner of articulation as she did with her prissy society lady + hot-for-sheriff + schoolmarm-ish character on "Deadwood."
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-27-2008 at 06:30 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  9. #79
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,314

    Re: Swingtown

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3084845;
    . . . and maybe even ditch the ugly plaid blouses?

    One thing I notice with Susan and her manner of speaking -- she [the actress] uses the very same tone and manner of articulation as she did with her prissy society lady + hot-for-sheriff + schoolmarm-ish character on "Deadwood."
    One of my most favorite series that HBO cancelled...jerks! You also forgot 'drug addicted' when describing Alma Garret. The girl that plays Susan's daughter really bears quite a strong resemblance to Susan (Molly Parker). Fortunately, the Molly has a much better nose!


    I'm almost expecting a hook-up between Trina and Janet. Trina seems somewhat interested, and Janet almost seems flattered.

    I'm also thinking that Trina is concerned about what Tom is going to be doing when he's on those long trips to Tokoyo.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #80
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: Swingtown

    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3083914;
    I think it can get really hot in the summer and then cool enough for a sweater/fire at night.
    here in michigan, we've had several days in the 80's and nights in the 40's (and even lower), so yep, it can get coooooold.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.