+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Swingtown

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Swingtown

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3076402;
    I completely forgot about this show. I TiVo-d the first episode, but then forgot. I just set my TiVo to record future episodes. If I missed two weeks, do you think I'll be out of the loop and not be able to get the drift of the show?
    No! They storyline is still pretty much the same.

Susan the redhead and her husband (name escapes me) moved into a fancy neighborhood. Their neighbors across the street are Trina and a character played by Grant Show (from "Melrose Place"). The latter couple are swingers and pretty much salivate when they see Susan and her husband move in.

Susan and hubby have a 17-year-old daughter who has a crush on her h.s. teacher (he looks like a younger Paul Rudd) and just kissed him on the last episode. The episode didn't show whether he kissed back, but ended with her writing their initials like a love-crazed schoolgirl. My guess is he didn't reject her or she would've been crying. They also have a son who found his dad's stash of Playboys and has befriended the girl next door. Her mom is a tramp who is more interested in who she's going to sleep with next than making sure her daughter is fed.

Susan/Hubby and Trina/Grant Show have swung once (first episode). The second episode consists of Susan making her husband promise that they'll never do it again. But obviously she's changing her tune since the show is called "Swingtown."

Susan's former Best Friend Forever is her former neighbor Janet, who is wound up pretty tight. Her husband seems like a nice guy. Janet and Trina don't really get along, mainly because they're both vying for Susan's friendship.

I think when Janet lets loose, she will become the Queen Bee of swinging!

Did I miss anything folks?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Great job! Adding a couple of things...
    Janet's husband seems to have a thing for Susan...he'd like to mess around with her clearly, but also clearly has held back from ever expressing it, and is quite upset when he realizes she "swung" with her new neighbor. And I may be reading too much into this, but it almost seems as though Janet and Trina also have a thing for Susan, although somewhat surpressed....
    Trina's husband is a pilot who just had to take on a route to Tokyo, so may be gone a lot more...leading to other issues.
    Janet's son and Susan's son have been BFF, and Janet's son is jealous that Susan's son is interested in the girl next door with the slutty mom (girl is not not slutty herself at all) and is leaving their boyhood behind. Janet's son was mean to the girl so the boys fought, but later the girl pointed out what the problem was and the boys seem to have made up.
    There's also another couple that appears at the parties....she put herself through law school as a Playboy bunny. Her husband (the actor that is) was the WASPy ex-military lawyer on Boston Legal. They are clearly part of the swinging scene, but haven't messed beyond flirting with Susan yet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3076975;

Susan and hubby have a 17-year-old daughter who has a crush on her h.s. teacher (he looks like a younger Paul Rudd) and just kissed him on the last episode. The episode didn't show whether he kissed back, but ended with her writing their initials like a love-crazed schoolgirl. My guess is he didn't reject her or she would've been crying. They also have a son who found his dad's stash of Playboys and has befriended the girl next door. Her mom is a tramp who is more interested in who she's going to sleep with next than making sure her daughter is fed.

Did I miss anything folks?
    Don't for get that the daughter of the trampy mother who drugs and brings home all kinds of different men is mourning the absence of her father (can't remember if he is dead or not) and wears her dad's wedding ring on a chain around her neck. The daughter seems to be working hard to get mom's attention, but it doesn't seem to be working out too well.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

wow, i've watched all of the episodes, but i still learned more from the recaps than watching!! i guess i miss a lot, huh? thanks!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Thanks so much for the recaps guys. I can't wait to see this new episode
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Did anyone watch tonight? I enjoyed it! I knew that the high school student's meathead boyfriend would be staked outside her house...and now he's going to cause problems.

In the previews for next week, does it look like all 3 ladies were hanging out together again (Susan, Trina and Janet...or was Janet missing?). I hope so!

And was it just me...or did anyone else feel a little giddy watching Grant Show chop wood, too? I loved Janet's expression watching him!

Lois, the three ladies were definitely hanging out in the previews for next week.

Seeing the high school boyfriend surprised me, but I dozed off a bit during the show, so I wasn't sure if he had been staking out the house all night. Funny, but big sis sure didn't seem to mind her little bro being MIA all night!

In the 70's, if my parents went away for the weekend, we were always told, "No parties while we are gone!" Here it was the parents going away and partying! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3083545;
    Seeing the high school boyfriend surprised me, but I dozed off a bit during the show, so I wasn't sure if he had been staking out the house all night.
    MamaC, she ran into the boyfriend when she was coming out of the grocery store. She basically told him that she was making dinner and babysitting her little brother and told him that she wasn't interested. He didn't seem to completely buy it. That's when I knew he would see her and the teacher.

I don't think Susan's husband (Tom?) would be interested in sleeping with Janet 'cause he knows her too well...but I think Grant Show's character (why can't I ever remember his name?! ) wouldn't mind... I see a hookup happening. And Susan will eventually hook up with Janet's husband--he clearly likes her--and that will make Janet really jealous and possessive of both of them...I think!

Ahhh, so I did miss that part. Will have to try to catch it online tomorrow.

I see a hookup between Janet and Trina's husband. And Susan and Janet's husband too. That's why I think he really did put Janet's name on the wall at the party on last weeks show. I think he is so jealous of the new life that Susan and her family have found. Trina really looked surprised tonight when Janet accused her of putting her name on the wall.

FORT Fogey

I thought that it was another good episode last night.

If it was warm enough to go swimming in the lake, I was wondering why Tom was out chopping firewood? I think it was just to have the chance for Janet to ogle him.

+ Reply to Thread