+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Swingtown

Re: Swingtown

Prop of the week:
    Samantha's wide watchband with the narrower leather snap-tabs holding the watch to the band. (Yes, I had one of those.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3191952;
    If this is on again next summer (not holding my breath), I'd be interested in seeing the inevitable episode when Dear Janet gets a letter from a parent with a gay teen -- and then seeing what Janet does when her own son comes out in that same episode. Or perhaps the letter comes from an anonymous gay teen, who (yeah, no surprise) turns out to be her son. Either way, I'd like to see how the writers treat the issue and how true they are to the culture of the time. With my gay friends, coming out to their parents back then was usually pretty awful. (Not that it's necessarily a picnic today, but it sure seemed worse back then.)
    Well, she did a surprisingly good job of it when her co-worker came out to her. She seemed pretty cool with it for the times. Of course when it's your son it's harder, but at least that set up the situation. So far of course her son seems pretty interested in seeming interested in the female sex...but then lots of gay male teens do.
    ETA... if she follows Dear Abby's track and consults "experts", in that era they'd have been likely to recommend to the letter writer that the kid go to one of those institutions that purported to "straighten" them out, pun intended, though it was no laughing matter.

I really liked how they wrapped up the story lines but it would be nice if they could continue the series. I fell in love with the Janet character and I like how Trina has changed also.

I never did like the daughter and I think it was a bad idea for the boyfriend to leave his key. I could see her to become depressed and spend all day at the apartment and skipping school. I know that she has enough credits to graduate but my gosh he is 7 years older than her !

I have seen quite a few new shows advertised and I think I will only watch them after they have been on for a full year. I am tired of getting into a show just to have it canceled.

LOL I've only had one boyfriend less than 7 years older than me and that relationship lasted all of like 2 seconds. I don't mind the age difference between the daughter and the boyfriend. It's the student/teacher dynamic that gets me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There was a marathon on BRAVO today. Is this show getting ready to start up again, or is in cancelled?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's a long shot. Bravo may be trying to see how many people will watch it. If they decide to do another season, it may be on Bravo.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was at my mom's house yesterday and getting my cable fix (I don't have cable) and ran across it. I made her watch a couple episodes with me while we ate lunch and told her to give it a chance because it will suck her in. And it did. She didn't get to see the end of it but I explained what happened with story lines (except that boy's because I never any attention to the son's story line). She really really enjoyed it because she vividly remembers that time in history.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Please tell me this show is coming back for another season...I miss it immensely.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

nothing shows up on imdb.com ... i would assume if there was a 2nd season in the works, some of the actors would have it listed?

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3266684;
    Please tell me this show is coming back for another season...I miss it immensely.
    I checked with my friend who works for CBS and she said they won't know til later in the year.

+ Reply to Thread