+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Swingtown

Re: Swingtown

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3183304;
    . . .I was really surprised at how calm Janet was when talking to her son about getting smashed!
    If this show continues, I foresee Janet's son coming out as gay. This, in addition to the Susan-Roger thing, will be a big test of Janet's abilities as Chicago's new advice guru -- and hopefully a lesson for her that everything, indeed, is not "as simple as that." If she learns her lesson well, we may witness the pole being removed from her a$$ and her full evolution into human. And humane.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

On the previews for next week's show, it showed Trina and her hubby and he said something to the effect of, "I have never loved you more than I do right at this moment." So maybe they were just not planning on parenthood, and how it would affect their lifestyle, but once learning of the pregnancy they are now going to embrace it.

On last night's show, when she asked to him what kind of mother he thought she would make and he gave her that "Whoa, don't go there" sort of answer, she was conflicted. I could see her having an abortion, if she and her husband really didn't want to have kids. But I think now that they are faced with a pregnancy, they will decide that now is the right time for parenthood.

And, Ellen, yes! I can so see Janet's son being gay

well the previews said next week was the "season" finale...has anyone heard if they will continue this show next summer????
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm pretty sure it has been cancelled ButterflyFaery.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I actually wouldn't mind if they did bring it back as just a summer program next summer. I know I am not the only one that has become interested in these characters' storylines!

I love this show and so do my two step daughters. I wish they'd do something with it for another season even if it's on Saturday night at 10pm or something.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

This was another good episode. Janet was fabulous once again, not only with work, but also with her handling of her son and Trina.

Susan is just annoying and so is Roger. Janet deserves so much better than the two of them stabbing her in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3184773;
    I'm pretty sure it has been cancelled ButterflyFaery.
    well I went over to the networks web site for the show and there is no definite answer one way or the other as to where this show will be cancelled or if it will continue next summer...I would like to see if continue but this network has a really nasty habit of cancelling every show that the public seems to like so I won't hold my breath waiting
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3186236;
    well I went over to the networks web site for the show and there is no definite answer one way or the other as to where this show will be cancelled or if it will continue next summer...I would like to see if continue but this network has a really nasty habit of cancelling every show that the public seems to like so I won't hold my breath waiting
    I agree completely. This show is really good. The writing, the acting, etc. I guess the network thinks we as the public only like mind numbing entertainment now in 2008.
    Yup, with donuts!!

"Swingtown" creator goes "BiCoastal" in new drama - Yahoo! News

"Swingtown" creator goes "BiCoastal" in new drama By Nellie Andreeva
    Thu Sep 4, 1:40 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Mike Kelley, creator of "Swingtown," a drama series about partner-swapping couples in 1970s suburbia, is developing "BiCoastal," another hourlong show exploring relationships, marriage and sexuality.

The new show, which has been set up at Showtime, is part of a seven-figure two-year deal that Kelley has signed with CBS Paramount Network TV, the studio behind "Swingtown."

"BiCoastal" centers on a successful man who struggles to balance family life with his wife and kids in Los Angeles as he falls in love with a man in New York.

"It has a lot of the watermarks of things I love to write about -- people with secrets and high-stakes love lives," Kelley said.

CBS has yet to make a decision about the future of "Swingtown," which aired in the summer to modest ratings.

In comparison to "Swingtown," which is based on Kelley's childhood memories of his parents and their swinger friends, he said that he aims to give the new show "a bit of a harder edge and heightened sense of drama."

This marks the first overall television deal for Kelley, who worked on the CBS drama "Jericho" before creating "Swingtown."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

----------------

So maybe there is hope that the show will come back on next season. Interesting that Kelley worked on Jericho and also loosely based Swingtown on his memories as a child of his parents and their "swinger friends"!

The premise of BiCoastal also sounds intriguing.

+ Reply to Thread