+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Swingtown

FORT Fan

Re: Swingtown

I really enjoy this show, has it been canceled?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3160734;
    Has Roger been pining after Susan the whole time they have been friends? Or is this a new development since the move?
    Hard to tell since the show started with the move.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Can anyone give a short synopsis of last night's episode? I was watching the Olympics and thought I had set my VCR to record it (yeah, I'm old school). What I didn't realize is that I had it set to record on its old day of Thursday...so it didn't record...

Susan, Bruce and the kids went to the cottage. Laurie didn't want to go because she wanted to go to a Jackson Brown concert with the teacher (can't remember his name). She ended up going anyway. All three couples congregated briefly at S&B's house to drop off various things (including Janet & Roger's son) and there was a great deal of awkwardness.

Anyway, things are uncomfortable at the cottage because Laurie is pretty upset about having her plans overridden, so she spends most of her time on the phone with the teacher, and the two boys are still fighting about J&R's son kissing S&B's son's girlfriend last week. Bruce gets mad at Laurie and rips the phone from the wall. He then arranges to meet Susan at some place they went the first time they went to the cottage, but she had a conversation with Laurie about the nature of love, and then she pined for Roger and skipped some stones they way he taught her when they were up there together. She completely forgot about meeting Bruce and went into the cottage to phone Roger (Bruce had fixed the phone) and told him about the stone skipping. An angry Bruce entered the cottage while she was on the phone, pissed because he had waited for an hour at their place. She quickly hung up the phone, pretending that she was just checking to see if it was working. Their son comes in with a note from Laurie saying that she was leaving. S&B get in their car to go chase her. Susan phones the teacher, who tells her that Laurie called him and told him where she was. S&B go to the diner where she is, the teacher comes in immediately behind them. Bruce is angry (so what else is new?), but they sit and have pie while Bruce glowers at teacher. But teacher acquits himself well and Susan, probably swayed by her earlier conversation about love with Laurie, allows her to go to the concert with teacher. Bruce comes around the corner, Susan tells him she's letting Laurie go, he runs up to her but Laurie tells him that she's going. He deflates, gives her some money and she hugs him. S&B watch Laurie & teacher drive away to the tune of Running on Empty (love the music in this show).

Meanwhile, Janet talks Roger into going to a psychiatrist. She ends up in the office with him and the psychiatrist ends up analyzing Janet. Janet gets mad and storms out, telling Roger to come with her. She insists that she won't pay for services not rendered. So she ends up going back to the psychiatrist to tell her she's not paying, ends up sitting and getting some clarification about her own confused state of mind and the fact that she's attracted to...Grant (can't remember his name either). She goes to Grant and Trina's house when Trina is gone to confront him about his flirting, but Trina comes back for her wallet. Janet then invites them to dinner so they can get to know one another. So Grant and Trina are sitting quite uncomfortably in J&R's house, when Janet asks Grant to help her in the kitchen. She then confronts him about the flirting, says she understands and has her own feelings, but nothing can happen. Grant is obviously taken aback because his flirting has nothing to do with feelings for Janet, but he tells her he understands (quite kindly) and that he admires her bravery in doing what needs to be done. Roger, in the meantime, is sitting in the livingroom with Trina, who knows about his feelings for Susan. She tell him that Janet is trying to be interesting and exciting for him, but that it isn't enough if she isn't the right woman. The evening ends after a typical middle-class type dinner with Grant asking Trina how an evening can be so freaky but so boring at the same time (I had to laugh). They leave with a sudden interest in forgetting about their vow of monogamy (the boredom of normality really did them in) and call a couple they know and the show ends with:

A scene of Grant & Trina getting it on with Tony and his wife.

A scene of Janet telling Roger she's going to take a bath and kissing him on the cheek. Roger looks at the phone and then calls the cottage. Susan runs in to answer the phone, but just misses the call.

A scene of Susan and Bruce sitting in their individual chairs reading and looking bored.

And oh yeah, the boys made up by having a quick fist fight and then lying in the grass complaining about their familities. I love the way boys can work through things so quickly. Women should start doing that.

I've probably missed a thing or two, but I think that's the basics.

ETA: Forgot this - Janet is going to register with an employment agency in order to take some of the pressure of Roger. She got approval for this act from the psychiatrist.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Wow! Thanks rattus! You should do recaps! (Except for the not remembering the names part! )

Did the show what's going to happen next week in the previews?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3160977;
    Wow! Thanks rattus! You should do recaps! (Except for the not remembering the names part! )

Did the show what's going to happen next week in the previews?
    The only scene of any significance was Roger coming in the door of the room where Susan is standing and moving towards her with the obvious intention of kissing her. And there they cut it, so we don't know if there is an actual kiss.

And that, I believe, will be the final episode. I am quite, quite annoyed at the studio executives (a completely not unfamiliar feeling). I will really miss this show.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3161036;
    The only scene of any significance was Roger coming in the door of the room where Susan is standing and moving towards her with the obvious intention of kissing her. And there they cut it, so we don't know if there is an actual kiss.

And that, I believe, will be the final episode. I am quite, quite annoyed at the studio executives (a completely not unfamiliar feeling). I will really miss this show.

we aren't going to get all 13 they shot for this show???
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3161163;
    [/B]

we aren't going to get all 13 they shot for this show???
    I hope we do, but I read otherwise in the newspaper today.

Ellen's "Prop of the Week" award goes to the box of Freakies cereal.

(. . . with an honorable mention going to summer concerts at Alpine Valley in East Troy, Wisconsin -- wow! did that bring back memories! Alpine Valley was/is a ski resort in Middle-of-Nowhere, WI, and in 1975, they started doing outdoor concerts in summer. I understand it's a pretty big operation now with seating for 40,000 and whatnot. Back then, it was just kind of a cool new thing -- expensive-ish reserved seats, but with the real fun being the unreserved blankets-on-the-grass section with picnic dinners, snuck-in wine, and certain ... uhhh ... aromatic herbs!)

Note: That road that Laurie and Doug were driving on to the concert at the end of the episode definitely was NOT the road to East Troy, Wisconsin. It looked more like east Orange County, CA.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can we watch past episodes online?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread