+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Swingtown

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    There was just a little too much going on at Bruce and Susan's house tonight! And I enjoyed the little moment Janet and Tom had. I think her heart fluttered quite a bit...

On a side note, I thought Laurie looked pretty tonight when she was kind of hiding behind Doug. But when they showed her in the hallway with her parents getting yelled at, she looked painfully skinny and pale again.

And Roger...I think I figured out what seems off about him. I think the actor who plays him is very attractive, but his hair seems unnaturally dark. It looks like a bad dye job to cover the grey or what not (if he has any). The coloring just doesn't suit him.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 08-01-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Re: Swingtown

So if the series were to continue on indefinitely the writing is pretty much on the wall for the daughter to move in with her boyfriend and cause some major conservative shift in the Susan/Bruce household....

From what I remember of Dexter is that CBS picked up a cleaned up version of it and then it moved to only SHO again. All I know is I got attached to it and it vanished off to a channel I don't get. lol

Back on topic (it is late and my ADHD is working overtime)....The children's story lines are still incredibly boring to me. I'm way more interested in the adult interpersonal relationships and how they are are growing and changing or not growing.

I really enjoyed the episode last night. It was so nice to see Janet's character coming out a little bit and being more risky. She figured out she doesn't like the lifestyle but at least she gave it a shot to see what Susan and Bruce were into.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3152776;
    So if the series were to continue on indefinitely the writing is pretty much on the wall for the daughter to move in with her boyfriend and cause some major conservative shift in the Susan/Bruce household....

From what I remember of Dexter is that CBS picked up a cleaned up version of it and then it moved to only SHO again. All I know is I got attached to it and it vanished off to a channel I don't get. lol

Back on topic (it is late and my ADHD is working overtime)....The children's story lines are still incredibly boring to me. I'm way more interested in the adult interpersonal relationships and how they are are growing and changing or not growing.
    Now see, I like them. Its like showing the son is the normal one in the family.. and how he reacts to the changes in his life with the family, becoming a teen, and his friend changing. I think they are doing very good with it.

As far as the neighbor's daughter.. i like that is shows how her mothers life effects her. Shes not a bad little actress, and i can feel what shes going thru.

The scene with Lori and Doug on the couch had me laughing my head off when he asked if she knew who the Prez of France was.. she answered him and he was like.. Thats so hot. Age/school/teacher issues aside.. thats My Kinda guy!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

My award for Prop of the Week goes to . . .
    the microphone for the cassette recorder (used in whatshisname's interviews).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Did you see tonight's preview for next week? It suggests Roger makes a move to kiss Susan. Can't wait until next week!

Janet's character continues to fascinate me!

Sheryl

Quote Originally Posted by Writerinthewind;3160575;
    Did you see tonight's preview for next week? It suggests Roger makes a move to kiss Susan. Can't wait until next week!

Janet's character continues to fascinate me!

Sheryl
    Janet is interesting that is for sure....I sure didn't expect them to say in the previews that Susan's marriage is falling apart...they seemed happy enough during the first couple of episodes especially after thier first (encounter)..lol..then after they got the video camera
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Roger and Susan have, covertly, been after each other for a while now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Has Roger been pining after Susan the whole time they have been friends? Or is this a new development since the move?

I am so seriously going to miss this show. I really want to know how things are going to work out with everyone, including the kids. Man, I just hate network executives.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread