+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Swingtown

FORT Fogey

Re: Swingtown

This series has been great. Janet has stolen the show lately IMO. I am much more interested in her story than I am in Susan's.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The threesome was nasty. How do you figure out who gave you the STD? No mention of condoms, at all.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3129554;
    The threesome was nasty. How do you figure out who gave you the STD? No mention of condoms, at all.
    it was nearly 40 years ago. 35 to be more exact... things like this are the reasons why we today are more worried and proactive about safer sex practices. The late 60s and early 70ís were a big time for sexual exploration and rebellion. Not to mention its Hollywood..
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3129554;
    I could NEVER do that and my hubby...NO WAY

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Did anyone watch tonight? On a completely visceral level, that pilot Rex was hot. And Roger with his shirt off...

So, I was disappointed that it seems that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bruce and Melinda slept with each other. If they did sleep with each other--and it shows them making out in the previews for next week's episode--I'm really disappointed in both of them. Bruce for cheating and Melinda for going after a married man. She even met Susan at the gala charity event last week and Susan stuck up for her.

Janet is getting prettier and prettier each episode. I had always thought that Trina was the best looking of the women, but I'd say Janet is giving her a run for the money! Susan looks so plain and washed out. It's fitting she has the least attractive husband.

This is the first episode where I liked Laurie and Doug (the summer school philosophy teacher). I still can't stand looking at her--she's so painfully thin. Ugh.

FORT Fogey

I laughed at Trina's comment about Roger with his shirt off. Roger was looking pretty good.

I liked Janet's "stand by your man" attitude when Roger finally came home and told her he no longer wants to sell insurance. Janet has become the most interesting character to me.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3136339;
    I liked Janet's "stand by your man" attitude when Roger finally came home and told her he no longer wants to sell insurance. Janet has become the most interesting character to me.
    Me, too.

I'm sure she also realizes that it's not a coincidence that she told him to ask for a raise and then he was laid off. Actually, he should be eligible for unemployment, right?

I was surrpised that Roger and Bruce hadn't gone to college. I guess I just assumed that they had.

Did they just get rid of the two sons? Were they in last week's episode even?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3136362;
    Me, too.

I'm sure she also realizes that it's not a coincidence that she told him to ask for a raise and then he was laid off. Actually, he should be eligible for unemployment, right?

I was surrpised that Roger and Bruce hadn't gone to college. I guess I just assumed that they had.

Did they just get rid of the two sons? Were they in last week's episode even?
    I assumed Bruce didnt, since i think Susan mentioned they were married outta High School then came the daughter.

The boys are at Camp for the summer.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I was only half watching tonight's show, so have to ask this question....

The power is out all over and Janet is in the kitchen with the refrigerator door wide open. I mean the power had only been out a few hours (not days!), so why would she be getting rid of all that food? Or why would she even open the door to the fridge in the first place? Or did I miss something?

I liked when she looked annoyed (it looked like she was annoyed at Roger) once the power came back on....but she got up and turned the light back off! Then smiled at her hubby. I am liking her more and more with each show.

Tonight, the ex-teacher and the girl (will I ever remember their names?) didn't bother me as much. But I still have a hard time looking at her. Maybe if she put on more clothes to cover up what little she has. I don't know. But I do remember halter tops and shorts being very much the summerwear of '76!

I, too, was wondering what happened to the boys! LOL

Roger has a six pack going on!

Bruce's facial expressions are downright goofy.

Very good show tonight. Last week's threesome really turned me OFF - so glad the show was back on track tonight!

Janet's character continues to facinate me.

+ Reply to Thread