+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Swingtown

Re: Swingtown

Okay, I am spilling my guts here but...

When I was a 10th grader I had a mad crush on one of my teachers. He was younger and while he NEVER led me on, he and I had a connection. NOTHING ever was inappropriate, but there was a connection. My Sr year in HS, he and I were friends and still nothing ever inappropriate happened, but that connection grew deeper. About 4 months before graduation, he started pushing his home town college on me and even brought in the band director to listen to me play and I got a full ride scholarship...then one month before grad he announced that he was leaving our school to go back to his home town... where said college was.

ME BEING THE DUMBASS i WAS got impatient and started dating someone that really wasn't good for me because I WANTED someone to date me, love me...

Well, I blew off the scholarship, ran off with this guy who turned out to be a huge druggie and mistake...

the teacher went to his home town and taught...I went elsewhere.

I graduated in 85 and married someone totally different in 89

He years later married someone that graduated HS in 1993...way even younger than I and it was like 10 years later after I was married that he married.

yea, I have huge doubts............ and regrets............

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And you are both still married to those other people??? Sorry, the romantic in me, had to ask....
    Google his image today, maybe that will stop the fantasy... Not to be shallow, but since it is a fantasy....a note of reality can sometimes stop it.
    Like Janet's husband clearly fantasizes over Susan...but the reality of kid, daily life stop him cold (so far)....just to tie this back to the show!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3125904;
    And you are both still married to those other people??? Sorry, the romantic in me, had to ask....
    Google his image today, maybe that will stop the fantasy... Not to be shallow, but since it is a fantasy....a note of reality can sometimes stop it.
    Like Janet's husband clearly fantasizes over Susan...but the reality of kid, daily life stop him cold (so far)....just to tie this back to the show!
    yes, we are still married to our first spouses. I did google after I wrote that. He looks the same...

but we are happy. I don't know if they are but they appear to be

we haven't had contact since about 1998

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3125658;
    yea, I have huge doubts............ and regrets............
    Aw, I'm sorry about that. But you know what? You could've dated him and you could've gotten married and lived happily ever after...or the two of you might have broken up anyhow...or it could've been horrible. You'll never know 'cause you can't revisit the past...but...what you do know is that you're in a loving marriage with a good man and that's a hard thing to find these days. I hope you find some comfort in that.

I think I see some of this on the show with some of the characters. Especially with Trina and Tom last night. You could see her wondering if she should have married the h.s. sweetheart...and you could see Tom wondering if sharing his wife with someone she clearly had a connection with was such a good idea after all.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3124793;
    One of my sister's used to wear her hair the way Janet's was on the show. She graduated from HS in '78 and just about everyone in her yearbook had that same style!
    ahhhh yes, i like to call it the 'farrah fawcett flip' we were still doing it in '81, at least where i lived.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3125230;
    I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. I agree Trina's husband looked very compared to the ex high school boyfriend. Next week he obviously sleeps with the stewardess and Trina isn't happy about it.
    I missed Thursday nights episode cause I feel asleep..grrrrr..I was determined NOT to like this show just because of the ones CBS cancelled to make room for it...lol but I do find myself drawn to the storylines...Its not as full of the "sexual" things I was lead to believe from the commericals

I will have to say...whoever is in charge of the "props" has done and EXCELLENT job...all the little things..the tab can...the camera..etc really makes it look like the 70's...and YES I remember those days even though I was just a young teen...and bell bottoms...omg what were we thinking..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3127807;
    I missed Thursday nights episode cause I feel asleep..grrrrr..I was determined NOT to like this show just because of the ones CBS cancelled to make room for it...lol but I do find myself drawn to the storylines...Its not as full of the "sexual" things I was lead to believe from the commericals

I will have to say...whoever is in charge of the "props" has done and EXCELLENT job...all the little things..the tab can...the camera..etc really makes it look like the 70's...and YES I remember those days even though I was just a young teen...and bell bottoms...omg what were we thinking..

The Fondu pot gift, the movie cameras...The music and even the commercials are all awesome. Brings back many memories

I also love Trina's home!!!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3127895;
    I also love Trina's home!!!
    Heck, I'd live in that place now! Its so out that its in again
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wow...I have a lot of catching up to do on this show. I have the past few episodes taped on PVR but haven't had the time to watch them yet. Will have to set aside some time this week to watch before this Thursday's episode comes on. Does seem like the show is popular so hopefully it will stick around.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread