+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Andromeda Strain

MRD

The Andromeda Strain

A & E is showing this tonight and billing it as a mini-series.

I cannot find out any information about when the 2nd part airs. My tivo is showing me about 10 upcoming episodes, but none say they are the 2nd part. The A&E website also has no information.

Anyone know if tonight is the only night or if there is another night. One of the promos said it was a 2 parter. I'm just trying to tivo it as my husband is out of town and wants to see it.

Thanks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: The Andromeda Strain

I found it on their site, it says the second part will show tomorrow night (27th) from 9-11 pm ET. I've been looking forward to this, thanks for the reminder!

Television Schedule and TV Guide - A&E Weekly
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3023394;
    I found it on their site, it says the second part will show tomorrow night (27th) from 9-11 pm ET. I've been looking forward to this, thanks for the reminder!

Television Schedule and TV Guide - A&E Weekly
    THanks. Now why couldn't I find it? (probably for the same reason I typed "find" 3 times before getting it right. I have a bad cold and not only has it made me fuzzy, but I think the cough syrup is making me a little buzzed)

Hubby will be happy if I record it. We were talking about how much we loved the first one (which came out way back in 1971) and how Michael Crichton didn't really do much until Jurassic Park and then he literally took off again in the 90's and early 00's.

I hope they do this remake justice.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I enjoyed it. They made it a lot more in-depth than the original book ever was. I loved the decontamination sequence in the first movie, but they rushed through that in this one--an article I read said the audience was too sophisticated now to be awed by a lot of the high-tech stuff. I don't know about that--the high-tech stuff they did include was interesting--like the e-paper! I want one!

The insanity/rage of some infected reminded me of 28 Days Later. I hope they don't go into that too much--it's the sciency stuff that makes me love this story.

Thanks for the info re: Part 2! I too, recorded it on my PVR and had no idea when Part 2 was showing. I'm looking forward to watching it.

For anyone who misses it on A&E, it's releasing on DVD at both Blockbuster and Netflix on June 3. I did record Part 1, but I'll probably wait, rent it, and watch without commercials.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I didn't make it past the first half hour, very boring.

Tuesday night A&E reran part 1 at 7pm and went straight into part 2. I taped it and watched this morning. (just to fast forward through all the commercials). Part 1 is pretty faithful to the original. I remember watching it when the networks still did Sunday Movie Nights. I remember how on edge and scary it was. I was wondering why in the whole stretch it out to 4 hours when the original did very well with 2. Well, the writers added an additional story arc with the reporter, supposed terrorists and real eco terrorists, and lets not forget the homage to President Bush. At first it took me a while to realize that the President was supposed to have a Texas accent. At first the Prez is portrayed as family man, and straightshooter who is honest, a bit naive and bumbling. Then he is portrayed as being pretty brave flying to Northcom, having his wife and only child campaigning in California and implying that he would not pull them out of the path of the virus while potential millions would die in southern California. Very like the Independence Day Prez ( also wasn't buying it). At the very end I wanted to murder him I was so angry at how two faced and conspirital he was at the funeral. UGH!!!

I could buy the message from the future bit as it was a neat twist but having Homeland Security acting like neoNazis was a bit much. Having General Manchek's aide be in hip deep with Homeland Security really left a foul taste in my mouth as it indicated this man had no honor, no morals. Having Homeland Security operative blatantly murder US citizens was unAmerican. Shooting the leak in the head was cold. Was it really necessary? Then putting a bomb on board the helicopter with the reporter intending to kill him and not caring that 4 service men would have had their lives needlessly taken from them. Later killing General Manchek and the aide and making it look like suicide. Please, it doesn't wash. The general population knows enough from snippets of CSI to know that there was no gun powder residue on the aides hand. That the angle of penetration of the bullet to the general's head indicates the shot came from a higher angle then the person sitting next to him which would be either and upward shot or level. Blackmailing one of the scientists to steal a sample of Andromeda. Seriously after the one lady scientist told Jeremy Stone that she was being blackmailed and the virus almost got her and the lab almost got nuked I can't see how a sample got out. That was just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Funny how a story 30 yrs old holds up very well and the weakest parts were what the newbie writers added with their conspiracy theories.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Of course given what happened to previous "leaks" would you be the CSI tech testifying to all that?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3026952;
    Of course given what happened to previous "leaks" would you be the CSI tech testifying to all that?
    Guess that explains the finale of CSI:Miami.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast